Not Today

~Two Days Later~

"All girls should learn to use a sword." Hiccup said handing her a small blade. "Know how to use one?"

"I think so." Sansa replied, wrapping her hand around the handle of the blade. The sword felt right in her hands, as if she had been accustomed to holding such blades her whole life.

"Seems like you do, you have the hands of someone who has been holding a sword their whole lives." Hiccup said taking her small hands in his and showing her his. Both their hands were creased in many places from gripping swords although Sansa noticed her hands were a little more creased on the left hand.

"I think I'm left handed." She said pulling her hands away and placed her sword in her left hand. "Feels right to be holding it on the left."

"Then left it is." Hiccup chuckled. "Now let's see what you can remember from using a sword."

"Maybe my hands are like this from gripping knives." Sansa suggested but copied Hiccup's stance.

"Now attack the dummy." Hiccup said pointing to the straw dummy.

With a yell, Sansa attacked the dummy by stabbing it in the chest. She yanked her sword out and slashed at the head and knocked it off the body.

Fear cuts deeper than the sword. A woman's voice in Sansa's head said. Poke them with the sharp end.

Sansa toped hitting the dummy and pressed a hand to her temple. Who was speaking to her? Or...was this a memory? She glanced at the dummy and heard the voice again.

And what do we say to the lord of the dead?

"Not today!" Sansa screamed, charging at the dummy and piercing through the leather and knocked it over. She got up and yanked her sword out of it and whispered, "Valar morghulis."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Father I think there's something wrong with Sansa." Hiccup said to his father later in the afternoon. "She's been acting strange lately."

"How strange?" Magnus asked.

"Well for one she killed a dummy when I was teaching her sword fighting."

"Oh so she can fight with a sword. Guess that should be handy when the raiders come."

"But her sword went through the leather like it was made of cloth. And she said something odd and she's been muttering that all morning." Hiccup added. "It was....valgar mortgage? Or something like that."

"Well maybe she's remembering something." Magnus suggested. "If she remembers anything give her this." The chief handed his son a large leather covered book and a piece of wood with a charcoal tied to it. "Tell her to write down anything she can remember or is recalling anything to put it down on paper."

"Alright then, I will." Hiccup said taking the pen and the book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's this?" Sansa asked when Hiccup handed her the book and pen.

"Something that could help you." Hiccup said. "My father said that if you ever remember anything to write or draw it in this."

Sansa opened the book and flipped though the blank pages of parchment. Taking the pen in one hand and steadying the book on her other hand and arm she began to scribble inside of it. Hiccup waited patiently as she continued to scribble on the page before she turned the book around for him to see.

"I saw this last night in a dream." She said pointing to the drawing of a three headed dragon. "Do you know what this means?"

Hiccup bent down and squinted at the drawing. "It looks like a three headed dragon. One less head for a Snaptrapper and another head for a Zippleback."

"I don't think either of those dragons are what I saw in my dream." Sansa said shaking her head. "I saw a red three headed dragon on a field of black and then it split and turned into three different colored dragons. It has to mean something."

"Maybe it means......uh what your eggs are going to hatch into?" Hiccup suggested. Sansa looked back at her three mud colored eggs but shook her head.

"No, I don't think so Hiccup. It could be but something tells me it isn't." And with that, she scribbled the words "valar morghulis" under the drawing of the dragon. "And these words mean something as well. I don't know what but I will find out eventually."

"Well whatever they mean, those two things you drew and wrote into the book, they could possibly be connected to who you really are or give a hint of who you were once before losing your memory." Hiccup said with a nod. "The sooner we learn more about these things, the sooner you can find out who you are, and the sooner you do, the sooner you can go home."