More Than A Pretty Face

~Four Years Later~

"Alright, listen up you two. I need your help pickin' out some people to help us out a bit." Ryker said to the two Berserkers, Heather and Dagur. "I want you both to test out whatever warriors they offer us to see if they're good enough to be trained and work along with us."

"So these guys are selling themselves for money." Dagur said with a bored expression on his face and examined his knuckles.

"They have been. They quite good from what I've heard." Ryker explained as they walked up the docks to a group of Vikings who were waiting. "Are you Magnus Stormkicker?" He asked the man who stood at the front of the group.

"Indeed I am. You must be Ryker Grimborn, pleased to meet you." The man said nodding at Ryker. "Now shall we get to business? My warriors are eager to show off their skills."

Magnus and his guards led the three of them up from the docks towards the village. Several people came out of small wooden and grass woven huts while others came out from tents made of various animal skins.

"So which ones are the warriors?" Heather asked.

"All of them." Magnus said gesturing to the gathered crowd. "Each and every one of them has fought in at least one war and many raids including the women, elderly and some children as well. But we have a small band of fighters who train extra hard and later leave us to find work as hire help." He waved his hand and a group of twelve young men came forward.

"These are our fearless and might warriors who I'm sure would be good hired hands." Magnus said nodding at the warriors. "Each trained from the time they could walk."

"Well then I must see these 'great skills' the poses." Ryder said folding his arms over his chest. "Dagur, test them, if you will."

"Oh I'm on it." Dagur said with a maniac grin. "Now who's up first?"

One boy stepped forward with his sword out, ready to take the Berserker on. Dagur stepped forward as well and the two began to fight. Within two minutes the boy was on the floor with Dagur's foot on his chest and his sword at his neck.

"Anyone else want to try?" Dagur asked the group. "Because I can go all day without breaking a sweat."

Three more men stepped forward but were still knocked down by Dagur. He could see the fear in the others eyes as warrior after warrior fell to their knees in defeat.

"Is this the best you have?" Ryker asked giving Magnus a disgusted look. "None of your men are good enough to even scrub the mud off my brother's boots. And you call yourselves warriors."

"Guess our time here is done." Dagur said wiping his forehead and hefted his sword over his shoulder. "Looks like no one wants to take on Dagur the Deranged at all."

"Wait! I'll fight him!" A girls voice shouted. The crowd parted to reveal a girl with pale white hair holding a sword in one hand. "Let me take this fight."

"And what good is a pretty face like yours going to do? Flirt with your opponent till they faint? Kiss them to death?" Dagur sneered. The girl glared at him before turning to Ryker.

"I've got more than a pretty face." The girl snapped, her violet eyes narrowing. "I can fight, just let me show you."

"Fine then. It's a death sentence you've given yourself." Ryker snorted and turn to Dagur. "Don't go easy on her."

"What?! Oh come on! A girl? I'm fine with fighting against those girl dragon riders but I will not fight a-" Dagur was cut off when he felt something hit his jaw and sell to the floor. He sat up to see the girl standing a few feet away from him with both her sword stabbed into the ground and both her fists up with a blazing look on her face. Several of the villagers cheered in encouragement as she pulled her hair back so it was out of her face and got back into her stance.