~Chapter 5~

Kaia rolls her eyes and uses her strength to push him away.

Jax almost falls over from the force of her push.

"Were you holding back on purpose?" Jax asks smirking.

"Yes, it didn't seem like I needed to use my strength on you,"Kaia says rolling her eyes.

"You liked being in my embrace, admit it," Jax says crossing his arms.

'I will,' her wolf says. Kaia's eyes widen her wolf hadn't talked to her since her first shift after she had said, You hurt mate, and disappeared.

Jax grabs Kaia's  shoulders and shakes her,"Kaia."

"Oh, sorry it's just my wolf just talked to me, it's not happened since...," Kaia says trailing off.

"Since you left me in the dust," Jax finishes.

"The funny thing is I didn't know we were mates until after I shifted at 13 and she said it," Kaia says.

"What's her name?" Jax asks.

"Nimah," Kaia says," Yours?"

"Kenyon," Jax says.

Kaia looks out the windows and notices how late it was.

"I'm going to bed," Kaia says walking out of the ballroom.

"Well, I'm sleeping next to you so meet you there," Jax says following.

"I really have to get out of this dress," Kaia says when they get to the door of her room,"Unzip the back please?"

Kaia opens the door and walks in Jax follows, Kaia turned around, Jax moves her hair to the side hands lingering on her back, he moves his hands to the top of the zipper before slowly moving it down. Kaia holds it up by holding the front, she turns around and tries to shoo Jax out of the room but, he just raised his eyebrow.

"Get out I need to change," Kaia finally says.

"And who's going to make me," Jax says crossing his arms.

Kaia rolls her eyes, she walks to her walk in closet and drops her dress stepping out of it and her shoes. She disappeared into her closet but not before Jax had a glimpse of her bra and underwear covered backside.

Kaia walked out in shorts and a tank top. Jax looks at her with lust filled eyes.

"You saw?" Kaia asks squinting her eyes.

Jax just nods, he turns around before walking out heading to his room to get out of  the tux he was in. A few minutes later he walks in, in only boxers. 

Kaia rolls her eyes and gets into her queen sized bed. Jax walks over to the bed and gets in beside her pulling her into his chest.

"This feels weird," Kaia says.

"Why, because I'm shirtless and bigger than you?" Jax asks.

"No because you're younger than me," Kaia says.

"Well, age is just a number babe," Jax says kissing the side of her forehead.

Kaia feels it before she fully succumbs into sleep.

"I forgive you," Jax whispers.