~Chapter 13~

~Isola above~

 Kaia just snickers, Jax looks up at her and shakes his head. He gets up and brushes off his pants.

Kaia walks toward the door only for everything to tilt. She braces herself only to be caught by Jax.

"Whoa are you okay?" Jax asks looking at her worriedly.

"I-I don't know," Kaia says breathlessly.

"Well let's take you to the doctor," Jax says picking her up.

Kaia is to weak to protest and just cuddles into his chest.

"What happened?" Isola asked looking at Kaia in his arms.

"I don't know, all I know is she almost fell," Jax says looking down at Kaia, whose eyes were drooping.

"Well keep her awake," Isola says motioning toward the bed.

Jax walks over to the bed and sets Kaia on it, still not leaving her side.

"Kaia you can't go to sleep yet, Isola hasn't figured out what's wrong yet," Jax says.

Kaia's eye stay open and she just looks at Jax.

"Okay, Kaia what happened?" Isola asks.

"All I remember is feeling light headed and the room tilting," Kaia mumbles quietly.

Isola nods, her eyes start glowing and she moves her hand over Kaia's body.

"Well you should be fine, you wolf is just trying to fight your yearly heat...which is early," Isola trails off her face hardening,"Shit I was afraid of this."

"Wait what,-" Kaia sits up eyes widened when suddenly pain washes over her body.

"And it's started way before she's supposed to?" Jax asks his face hardening.

"Um... Yeah Jax I'll have to ask you to leave," Isola says looking at Kaia. Jax's eyes turn black and he growls at her.

"There's the male wolf," Isola mutters.

Roland burst into the room,"My baby...," He looks at Kaia and then Jax and he sighs.

"Come on Jax,"Roland says pulling Jax out of the room.

Isola looks at Kaia who is currently writhing in pain," We'll have to hide most of that scent you've got there, You'll attract the whole kingdom, although Jax will still be able to smell it no matter what since he's your mate." Isola's eyes glow purple and she summons a ball of light in her hand, she pushes it into Kaia's chest and Kaia's scent and pain die down a little.

"That should do it," Isola says, before turning around and walking out and shutting the door behind her as Kaia falls into darkness.