7 Alliances

“When we go inside let me do the talking. No lashing out no sly remarks iight?” Carter’s voice hit the ears of everyone seated in the truck but his words were directed toward Banko. He and Tahj were on the same page, Luther was a naturally quiet man and Nate knew his place. Banko on the other hand acted as if being Carters best friend automatically made him a partner. He spoke out of turn, barked orders and was slick with his tongue.

“They could be setting us up. It’s been weeks since you last spoke to Alic and now out the blue these snakes want to call the meeting.” Banko spoke loudly before running his shaky hands over his nose.

“you are free to stay your ass in the car!” Carter snapped. He had really been meaning to get on Banko about his mouth. Anybody else would have lost a few teeth by now. “And what you so shaky for?” Banko’s inability to keep still was becoming irritating.

“This shit just don't feel right that’s all.” Banko knew snorting that line before he left his home was a mistake.

“let’s just get this over with.” Tahj spoke up. “I told Sasha I…shut up Nate.” He just knew Nate was gonna crack a joke about him being whipped.

“I ain't even say nothing.” Nate bit the inside of his cheek trying his best not to laugh. Tahj couldn't wait until that fool found himself somebody because he was never going to let him hear the end of it.

Minutes later they were in front of the russian’s. Hands out, legs spread prepared to be searched. All the guys felt uneasy about this. They were hand searched removed all their weapons placing them into lock boxes, passed through metal detectors and hand searched all over again. Luther was almost sure this was a set up and if it was as much as he loved Tahj and Carter as if they were his own he’d kill them himself if this deal went south.

“Our sides never attempted to such terms so I’m sure you understand the frisk. My pa is a very….cautious man.” more like paranoid. You would have thought they were in a maximum security prison. But Alic Sokoloff would never openly say that his father Maximus was losing his mind. The old man was now wheelchair ridden his mind slowly deteriorating he couldn't remember his first meal that morning. But he was a stubborn man he still demanded that Alic let him in on every move that was made. Maximus still felt his son had much more to prove.

“No problem at all. I just hope we can come to a mutual understanding that eventually will make us all very wealthy men”  Carter took a seat.  He wanted to get right down to it. He wasn't interested in having this meeting drag out.

Alic smirked. He liked Carter . They were kind of in the same position. only difference was DeAngelo lost everything Maximus on the other hand was at risk of losing it all. Alic was stepping up to stop it before it happened.

“I can defi-”Alic started only to get interrupted by his father

“your Pa was a foolish man a cancer to his own empire that  nigger should have never made it out the cotton fields ” Maximus took that cheap shot to see how Carter would react. He remembered DeAngelo as a very impulsive man. He wanted Carter or even Tahj to make a move just one and his men would end this meeting with bloodshed.

Carter shrugged. “I assure you. I am not my father.” He wanted to choke the old man DeAngelo was a questionable man but he was still his father. He could bad mouth him but he didn't take kindly to anyone else doing so. But Carter kept calm. Besides he wasn't going to die for trying to kill a man who was dying anyway.  

“father we didn't call this meeting to give insults.” Alic knew his father and DeAngelo had a not so pretty past but he was dead and Alic’s mind was on the money. “We can offer you access to the water fronts that means more ways to ship your product I can even offer you some upscale customers from the corporate world that would be sure to bring your sales up.”