17 Explain Yourself

Sasha watched closely as Tahj’s chest moved. The Rising and falling of his chest and the machine beside his hospital bed kept her informed that he was still breathing. This is what she’s been doing all night just sitting, watching and waiting on him to wake up. Sasha frowned thinking ‘Sleep would be nice’ but the sounds that  lingered throughout the hospitals halls was definitely something out of a horror movie so she wouldn’t have gotten any sleep even if she tried. By now her eyes felt heavy she was tired and emotionally drained. On top of that she was hungry, the growling sound coming from her stomach reminded her of that.   

“Young lady why don't you get yourself something to eat.” Tahj’s nurse asked.

Sasha frowned placing her hand over her stomach. “You heard that?”

“Yes.” the older woman nodded. “You aren't doing him any good if you dont eat.”

“Well he isn’t doing me any good by not waking up.”  Sasha said glaring at Tahj.

The woman chuckled. “I’m sure he’ll wake up when he’s ready.” Her shift started about four hours ago and not once did she see Sasha take her eye’s off Tahj. “Dr Thomas said he should be waking up soon.”

“Dr Thomas also said he would wake up last night.” Sasha shook her head. “ I wouldn’t take his word for it.” Sasha’s impatience was showing. “Tahj is probably just doing this to scare me.” Sasha allowed a small smile to creep upon her lips. “He likes to frustrate me.” She looked toward the woman. “That’s all I want you know. for him to drive me crazy frustrate me for the rest of our lives.” She spoke not even noticing that Tahj’s eyes were slowly opening.

“Looks like you got your wish.” The nurse  nodded her head toward Thaj. “I’ll go find doctor Thomas.”

“Hey.” His voice sounded weak and dry.

“Tahj!” Sasha gasped. “Oh my god you're awake. Are you in pain? do you know where you are? Do you remember me? How many fingers do I have up.”  She rambled on holding up three fingers waving them in front of his face.

“Sash I got shot in my chest not my head.” Tahj softly slapped her hand down.

“Banko could have killed you. Tahj I was so scared.” She was on the verge of crying again.

“Scared of what? I would never leave you and Liv like that.” He was choosing to believe that he lived another day not because of the team of surgeons that got that bullet out of his chest but because he refused to leave his woman without her man and his daughter without her father. “When I go we would be old and gray.Alright?”

Sasha poked out her bottom lip lifting her pinky. “Promise?”

Tahj could feel the corners of his mouth pulling up into a smile. “Promise” He nodded connecting her pinky finger with his own.

___________________________

A few phone calls and maybe two hours later Tahj’s small hospital room was crowded with visitors Carter, Kali, Nate, Olivia, Luther,  Don and the trap boys came. Even Alic came by offering Tahj his security for the time being. Tahj declined but Alic wouldn’t take no for an answer before he left he informed two of his men to stay behind and guard Tahj and his family with their lives as they would do for him.

“When can you get outta here?” Carter asked looking around at the bright room.

“Cee I’m trying to be out of here tonight.” Now that he was awake Tahj wasn’t sure how long he would be able to take this place. The bright lights, people walking in and out without knocking, the weird noises. He wanted to go home.