10 Cover Up

After Viola told Luther about Carter being his son she was almost certain that he was going to say something to Carter leading to her son asking her questions she wasn’t ready to answer even after all these years. Most of all she was afraid. Yes Viola Harris was afraid shaking in her very expensive, painful yet stylish new shoes. Carter is so much like his father both his biological one as well as as her late husband. Carter could be loving and sweet, understanding and calm but she knew very well her boy had a mean streak. He’d feel betrayed and before he allows himself to feel hurt he will lash out. So Viola did what she does best She buttered up one of her very rich ‘friends’ and was rewarded with the finer things including a mini vacation that way if Luther did say something and shit did hit the fan she wouldn't be around for it. Little did she know Luther had taken a little vacation of his own no where near as extravagant hers but he sure was laying low.

Now back without any word of Carter knowing anything she thought this was the best time to see her son. That’s why she was letting herself into Carter’s home with a bag of groceries. She moved around Carters kitchen as if it were her own. Surprised when she noticed everything was fully stocked. Carter didn’t go food shopping Viola took care of things like that. He would live off of take out and frozen pizza’s if you let him. That’s why he needed his mama. Now he apparently was eating well without her. This had to be that damn Kali. Viola thought to herself but decided to check her attitude  “no way way is this little girl going to compete with my cooking “ Viola said to herself.

_____________________________________________________________________

Kali could smell food cooking a smile crept up on her face thinking her man got up and made her a good breakfast that was until she rolled over and noticed Carter was still beside her his eyes still shut. Kali frowned, was she really so greedy that she was imagining smells? She sniffed again the smell was still there.

“Carter you cookin?” She asked. It was a stupid question really. Obviously he wasn't cooking because he was still in bed with her. Snuggled up like a big baby. She really wished she could snap a picture of her boo right now he looked so adorable all he was missing was a thumb tucked between his lips.

“Nah I thought that was you.” Carter mumbled not ready to fully wake himself up. Last Night Banko left early and Carter wasn’t going to complain they had a good time without the tension Banko’s energy has been bringing around lately.

“So who has a key?” Kali sat up. Pushing a halfway sleeping Carter awake.

“Tahj.” He mumbled. “For emergency’s” He tried rolling back over in hopes of falling asleep again.  

“So he would be here this early cooking you breakfast?” Kali asked plucking Carter on the ear. “I need you to focus.”

“The only other person that has a key is... Shit.”

“Who?”

“My mother.” Viola has always been comfortable letting herself in. Randomly he’d wake up to breakfast and find that whatever mess he made the night before cleaned up or sometimes he’d even come home to dinner placed in the microwave. So usually this wouldn't be a problem he loved his mother he didn't mind her coming over. But nothing good could come from her being here while Kali was around.

“Great just great she came over to poison me.”  Kali fell back placing a pillow over her face. She didn’t see much of Viola and a part of her was grateful for that it was clear that no matter how polite Kali tried to be Viola will find something wrong with her.

Carter laughed. “She ain't come to poison you. I know my mother is a little headstrong but she really isn’t that bad once you get to know her.”