Memories of a Lost City: Part Three

They continued their search for the girl, daunted by the death of Marvin.

"We gotta find that girl. What do you wanna do? Split up?" she asked.

"No. It's better if we stick together. After all, I don't wanna pull my gun on you." Leon explained as they make their way to another door, found on the right of the entrance.

"Same here." Claire agreed. They walked stealthily into another room. This time, it was another office again, books and papers lying on the table everywhere. They avoided every body if they could; they knew it would rise up to attack them everytime. As they looked around, moanings broke the silence. Both of them knew what to expect: more zombies. "Leon!" she called out, trying to warn him of the impending danger. However, as she turned back, she moved a step back out of shock: the same zombie lying on the floor tried to attack them. Leon pulled the trigger, blowing its head off at point blank range.

They looked around as two more zombies stood up and the horde outside is breaking in soon.

"They're coming! We gotta get out of here fast!" she shouted. If they did not react fast...

Both of them moved away from the door, turning left as they reached the entrance. They looked, glad that they made the right decision as the door broke down. They could have been caught by zombies and probably killed if they just ran past the door instead of turning right. As they made their way to the next door, both of them fired at the zombies, keeping them from a distance as they got out of the room. It led them to the outside which seemed like a route for fire escape. They looked in repugnance as they saw the crows feed the flesh of a zombie. They flew away as soon as they opened the door. As they continued on to the metal staircase, more zombies gathered aound, only to be halted by the gates surrounding the police station.

"This place is like a hell on Earth. Whether you're in the station or outside the streets, it's still the same." Leon commented. They looked onto the sky as more crows gathered, as if there was a dead person around. This reminded them: they had to find the girl fast or else she might end up being one of the walking dead or being fed by crows.

"We've got to find her fast." Claire advised.

"Yeah." Leon agreed. As they climbed o the second floor, they looked to the sky again as the crows gathered, flying towards them in an attempt to attack them. However, Claire took out the knife and within seconds, they fell onto the floor, dead while she placed back her knife, unscathed. "Get in quick!" Leon suggested as they went through the door. They looked in confusion as there were two corridors.

"Which way should we go?" Claire inquired.

"Now let's try to the right." Leon suggested as they turned to the right. Leon leaned on the wall, his instincts told him that zombies are nearby. As he came out with his pistol raised, two zombies walked towards them, one lunged towards their direction. Both of them shot the zombies as the bullets drilled into their flesh, the force making them stagger back a few steps and eventually killing them off. They cotinued to move when the sounds of a chopper was heard, breaking the horrifying silence around them.

"Is that a rescue helicopter?!" Claire exclaimed in surprise. However, a force sent them bending down as it fell. As they looked at the corridor, they looked as it was engulfed in dust. "What was that?!" she asked as they moved forward to inspect the mess the chopper made. Making a sharp left turn, both of them looked in shock. "What is that?!" she shouted in horror.

That thing, unlike the lickers, looked more like a human. However, it was twice their height and its arms were oversized, about twice the size of theirs.

"Did it just come through the roof?!" Leon asked in horror. Turning back, two more bodies that they failed to notice raised up.

"What do we do?" Claire asked, still confused on what to do as the giant took a big step, walking in a threatening way.