Memories of a Lost City: Part Six

"After reuniting with Sherry, we managed to escape from the underground sewer, only to be faced a new problem. Sherry became sick." Leon explained as Krauser listened quietly and seriously. "She told us that while she had been wandering into the depths of the sewers, she had been implanted with the G embryo. But it wasn't too late. We began our journey into the bow's of Umbrella's facility. To retrieve the vaccine." He recalled the incident as he was in ahuge escalator...

Leon held Sherry in her arms as she was unable to move due to the sickness while Claire exited the escalator, making sure that the area was clear. Next, they entered the security room, which was the only nearest room. The area was suprisingly clean with no zombies around or bloodshed. Leon laid Sherry on the bed and she woke up soon after as they were taking a short break from the madness they witnessed and experienced.

"How do you feel?" Claire asked, moving towards her as she saw Sherry woke up. "It's ok, you're safe here." she reassured Sherry as well, now wearing a tight black T-shirt. Sherry looked on her as she realised that she was wearing Claire's red coat.

"You can have it. It's all your now. For good luck." she said, sitting down beside her.

"Thank you." she said politely as she laid onto the bed again.

"Do you miss your mommy and daddy?" Claire asked as she patted her head.

"No. They're always more preoccupied with their research. But you know... I prefer to be alone." she explained. Claire became slightly shocked at the answer. She started to weep in pain again, alerting Leon that she does not have much time left.

"Come on! We'd better hurry! She's getting worse." Leon cautioned, moving out of the room as she followed after him.

"Ok." Claire replied. She turned to Sherry and assured, "Sherry... Hang in there. We're gonna get the vaccine to make you better, ok?"

"Claire!" she shouted, tugging her hand lightly. She coughed as the virus got the better of her.

"I promise we'll be back. Just wait here. We won't be long." she reassured and left the room, leaving Sherry in the room as they were confident that no zombies or monsters would enter this room.

As they went out of the room, Claire said, "We'll have to search the rooms one-by-one."

"Wait. I'm picking something. A signal..." he said, picking up the signal.

"A radio signal? From who?" she asked.

"Do you read me?" a voice asked, chattering on the radio. Leon looked in surprise. It was that woman they met earlier with the white coat!

"Annette?" she asked, totally taken aback by the situation.

"Is Sherry there?" she asked worriedly.

"Yeah. She was attacked. She's in a critical condition." Leon reported. "Where are you now?" he asked angrily. No response. "Hey, you still there?" he asked again, this time he was calm.

"Be careful... Especially with that woman." she warned.

"What woman?" he questioned. The answer from Annette not only bewildered him, he was totally shocked at it.

"Ada." she replied. Leon became confused. Ada? But she is on their side! Why her?

"She's a special agent sent here to retrive the G samples. She was approaching the researchers and obtaining infomation about Umbrella." she explained. "She'll do whatever it takes to accomplish her purpose. She's highly dangerous."