Chapter 1

The bell rings for first period and the school turns silent. Then suddenly a tornado of papers and limbs run through the halls. It's obviously a late student but, this one is special. This one is new and his name is Alex Butler. He tumbles into first period with a giant rush of wind and papers. He is 10 minutes late to class.

"Sorry I'm late!" He says interrupting the teacher in the middle of a lesson, "I'm trying to find my way around the school."

"Mr.Butler I presume?" the teacher says with a smile.

"Yes mA'Am," He says with a voice that sounded like he was 12 years old and going through puberty.

"Well then, take a seat in the last row next to Miss.Kidd."

"Yes ma'am," He replied as he went to the last row and took a seat next to a short haired blonde girl with all black clothes and stunning green-blue eyes. She looked like she could be really pretty if she didn't hide it behind a bad attitude. She was drawing in a notebook and it made him wonder. If she wasn't taking note why is she in advanced placement. She was either failing out or passing without even trying and even if she was then why wasn't she in the gifted program? Suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted by a voice saying, "Yo! Dude, are you just gonna stare at me the entire class because it's getting kind of creepy." the girl said.

"Oh, sorry--I-I-- uh--it's just," he was silent for a moment until he got his thoughts together and said, "it's just I noticed that you weren't taking notes."

"So what? I'm a straight A student everything in here is easy," she replied

"but if it's so easy then why aren't you in the gifted program?" He asked genuinely fascinated by this girl.

"I just don't feel like going through the trouble." she answered so nonchalantly

"OK," he said, there was a moment of silence until Alex found the nerve to ask "I didn't catch your name."

"That's because I didn't through it," she replied obviously sarcastic "It's Raven." She instantly went back to drawing.

"Alex." he said in reply but, she didn't reply she just kept on drawing.

He couldn't find the nerve to start up a new conversation. Hell he couldn't even think about a topic of conversation. Alex didn't know why but, he felt a sort of calling to get to know this girl. He didn't know if it was pure curiosity or something more but, he got the strangest feeling this girl was worth being friends with. He was about to talk to her more but, then the bell rang for 2nd period. He cursed to himself and then headed to his next class. "Well, shit." He thought to himself "I missed that opportunity".

HI GUYS THIS IS MY NEW STORY I STARTED WRITHING IT IN 7TH GRADE SO I HAVE ABOUT 13 CHAPTERS PREWRITTEN IN A NOTEBOOK BUT I DO HAVE TO DO A LOT OF EDITING.

SO DON'T FORGET TO

COMMENT.

VOTE.

FOLLOW.

AND ALL THAT JAZZ.