Chapter 11

Nathan 🌵

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

I woke up to the sound of loud, incessant banging.

"What the- Ahmad?! What are you doing?!"

My dork of a best friend was standing at the foot of my bed banging pans together. Yusrah stood next to him, rolling her eyes at her idiotic boyfriend. "I tried to stop him but obviously I failed," she said with an apologetic smile.

"Ahmaaaad! Stoooooop!" I said trying to drown the banging by burying my head under my pillow.

"Come on! It's time to get to up! It's finally holiday and we have to start doing everything on our Winter Holiday To-Do-List."

"Firstly, it's Sunday which means it's still weekend. Which means the holiday technically only starts tomorrow. Or if you wanna count everyday that we stay at home as holiday then that means the holiday started yesterday, not today. And secondly, we don't have a "Winter Holiday To-Do-List!""

"Well then get your lazy ass out of bed so we can write a Winter Holiday To-Do-List."

"Ahmad, you do know I suffer from a mental illness that affects my sleep which means if you ever find me sleeping YOU SHOULDN'T WAKE ME UP! What even is the time?"

"It's 8 o' clock which means wake up time!" Ahmad continued banging the pans loudly. Yusrah rolled her eyes again. You just can't help rolling your eyes when you're with Ahmad. He's just such a douche.

"What's all this noise?" my little brother Tommy asked as he walked into my room dressed in his Scooby Doo pajamas.

"We're trying to get your brother out of bed," Ahmad told him.

"We're not trying to get him out of bed, you're trying to get him out of bed," Yusrah said annoyed. She clearly had better things to do than stand in my room on an early Sunday morning. Like sleeping for example.

"I know how to get Nathan up," Tommy said as he climbed onto my bed and started jumping up and down like the crazy monkey he is.

"Ugh.. Tommy.. Stop!" I said as I tried to protect myself from my brother's jumping feet. "Okay okay I'm up!" I groaned and sat up.

"Meet you downstairs," Ahmad said with a smirk. He was followed by Yusrah who gave me another apologetic smile and whispered "sorry" as she left the room.

"Bye bro-beans!" Tommy said as he jumped off my bed and raced after them.

Sigh. I guess I'm going to have to get up now.

---

After a quick shower I went downstairs and found Yusrah and Ahmad eating breakfast. Yusrah was eating a slice of toast while she chatted with my mom and Ahmad was racing through a bowl of cereal as if his life depended on finishing it. I realised that Ahmad and Tommy were having a competition to see who could eat the most bowls of cereal in 2 minutes.

"Times up! I won!" Tommy said, smiling a chocolatey Coco Pops smile.

"Damn. You won the Cereal Eating Championship!" Ahmad said.

"That's not a thing," I said as I sat down next to Ahmad and grabbed the cereal box. Great, they finished all the cereal, I thought to myself as I took two slices of toast and decided to make me a peanut butter sandwich.

"So what's the real reason you woke me up so early?" I asked as I bit into my nutty sandwich.

"I already told you," Ahmad said, "To make a Winter Holiday To-Do-List."