A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) TWENTY-FIVE

Birds sang outside making a symphony of noise. The sun rose slowly, casting an orange-pink glow onto the green leaves of the trees that stood separated at the same distance in front of each scrawny building. All the darkness that had once filled the apartment the previous night got bathed in the same sunlight and awakened with the hung over boy on the couch.

            A couple rays landed on JongHyun’s face, twitching him out of his slumber. Even before his eyes opened he could feel the immense pounding behind his eyes. He hadn’t been wasted enough to forget what had happened the night before, unfortunately.

            The pieces of last night’s events slowly fit themselves together. When the big picture was finally laid in front of him, JongHyun felt his breath catch in his throat. His chest heaved up and down as he tried to get off the couch.

            Where were they? He wondered. They had to be here. They had brought him home. They didn’t leave, did they? It might be better if they did, though…

            There seemed to be a lack of oxygen in the room. With each gasping breath JongHyun took he felt his head throb and his chest constrict. Where was Key? And Onew? Why couldn’t breathe?

            In his haste to get up, JongHyun ended up knocking his shin against the small table and tumbling to the floor. The panic attack made it hard for JongHyun to right himself. He was only able to push up onto his hands and knees when Key came tumbling out of the bedroom, blurry with sleep.

            “Hyung! Hyung! What’s wrong? What’s the matter?” he asked, crouching by JongHyun. The way his eyes were widened and he was struggling for breath panicked him just as much.

            “Y-you have to get out – y-you have to go!” JongHyun screamed.

            “What? Why?” Key asked, confused.

            “You weren’t supposed to see this! You weren’t ever supposed to see any of this!” JongHyun pushed off from Key, racing around in hopes of finding something to give Key so he could use it as an excuse to throw it at him as he kicked him out.

            Key followed after him like a lost puppy. Nothing was making sense to him. He couldn’t figure out why JongHyun was freaking out so badly.

            “JongHyun hyung! You look really pale! You should sit down!” Key cried, stumbling over a discarded shirt resting on the floor.

            “I don’t need to sit down! Where’s Onew hyung? You need to leave! Both of you just get out – OW! Shit!” JongHyun stopped moving. He pressed his finger to his face that had just collided with a pantry door that had been left open last night.

            Sticky, red blood coated JongHyun’s fingertips. At the sight of the bodily fluids, Key was sent into another flurried panic.

            “Yah! Hyung! You’re bleeding!” he exclaimed. He wished JongHyun’s back wasn’t turned to him, that way he’d be able to see form where exactly he was bleeding.