A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) FORTY-ONE

February had come quicker than the previous year. JongHyun had the day off and was spending it with Onew and Key since the shop was closed for the day (something Onew liked to call essential to have once a month).

            “I want to go visit TaeMin today. I still haven’t even opened his Christmas gift for him,” JongHyun said, putting away the last of the dishes he’d just cleaned.

            “Do you want me to come with you?” Key asked.

            “Yeah, I want to take you out to lunch first.” JongHyun laughed when he saw Key blush and ruffled his boyfriend’s hair. His arm received a nice hard smack in punishment for ruining his do.

            Onew peaked out from his bedroom and asked, “Are you going to come back for dinner?”

“Yeah, I will.” He had wanted to say more, but Key was distracting him with the dance he was doing. Somehow he’d managed to turn the TV in the few seconds they had stopped talking. He’d only witnessed this scene once before and it had entertained him to no end. Key was like a male version of the girls he was imitating on the screen.

“How do you learn these dances?” JongHyun asked through his laughs.

            “I just watch them,” Key explained. He stopped moving and turned to JongHyun, lacing their fingers together. They chuckled together as Key tried to teach JongHyun some of the arm movements.

            They were quite enjoying themselves when Onew interrupted.

            “Are you two dating?” he asked. “I mean, this touching and laughing thing has been going on since Christmas and I’m really confused!” he exclaimed.

            Key giggled, only remember Onew being so distraught when the fried chicken joint closed down. His feline eyes focused their gaze onto JongHyun’s; a goody smile flitted over his lips. “We got together on Christmas,” he informed.

            Suddenly, JongHyun’s arm was slung across his shoulders.

            “This guy is too crazy for his own good! I had to ask him in fear of my life!” he teased.

            “Yah!” Key yelled, swatting his boyfriend’s chest. “You’re the crazy one!”

            JongHyun cackled at the reaction he received and pretended to cower away from him. “Help!” he screamed. “He’s going to kill me with hairspray and glitter!”

            “Kim JongHyun!”

            The signal for the elder boy to commence his getaway was activated and he bolted. It was a coyote and wild thing-like chase that ended with the using Onew as the buffering pillar for them to circle around.

            “Enough! I’m getting dizzy!” Onew whined, dramatically falling to the floor.

            The younger two kneeled beside him and pretended to be his doctors. The tom foolery continued on for several minutes afterwards until each boy was a perfect mess on the kitchen floor.

            Eventually, the time to leave came, though. JongHyun stood up first and helped the other two off the floor. He was already pulling on his shoes when Key joined him.

            “So where are you taking?” he asked.

            “The café, like usual,” JongHyun said.