A Sparkly Ever After (2/4) Epilogue 2

"I really should call back the florist," Key said on the drive to the hospital. He had his eyes on the road but Jonghyun could tell that he was a million miles off the road. "I want to make sure that she understood I want the white lilies. And I have to call our supplier. He has to deliver it all the day before the event latest. I don't want him pulling that sketchy crap he did way back when we ordered the samples of the first formulas. Oh, I need to check if Jaehwa answered my email..." Key reached for his phone, taking his eyes off the road.

It was long enough for him to swerve out of his lane and get someone to honk at them.

"Key!" Jonghyun shouted, grabbing the wheel with one hand as he tried to get them back on track. He knocked the phone out of his huband's hand and put it out of his reach, shooting him a glare while he was at it. "Eyes on the road. Your organizing can wait. Maybe you should have let me drive."

Key glared right back, and Jonghyun felt the beginning of an argument bubbling. "What? You think I'm a bad driver now?"

"No, I think you're a distracted driver. Your mind isn't all there."

"So, you're calling me crazy?" Key asked, looking Jonghyun straight on.

"Key! Eyes on the road!" Jonghyun shouted, having to reach out to steady the steering wheel again.

"You know, I've been busting my ass, first with the wedding preparations, and now with my launch. You could try to be a little more supportive of me, okay?" Key asked, accelerating slightly in his rage.

"Whose idea was it to make these two extremely important events at the same time, huh?"

"I thought you would help me at least!"

"I have been helping but you're being a real control freak; especially with your launch!"

"Because we've only invested 3 years' worth of time and countless amounts of money to this project, Jonghyun! This isn't just my life investment, it has my face and my brand on it. I'm taking a huge risk, okay? This could seriously back fire on me if it doesn't go right!"

"Key! Jesus Christ! Watch out!"

Key swerved just in time to miss the car that had been trying to merge into their lane. The person behind them honked and Key, panicking, pulled through two lanes to get to the side of the road, parking sloppily on the curb so he could catch his breath. Jonghyun too, was shook up from the event. That could have been a bad accident had Jonghyun not been keeping his eyes on the road. They idled on the side while the cars passed them like nothing had happened. Both their hearts beat fast and hard against their rib cages. Key had his two hands clutching the wheel so hard that his knuckles were white, eyes wide in shock at what had just happened.

A pregnant pause hung between them. Neither of them knew what to say. They had their fights, but this was their first fight as a married couple and for some reason it felt different.

It was Jonghyun, in the end, who spoke first, reaching up to drag his fingers through his hair. "Listen, I know you're under a lot of pressure... I feel it too, y'know? We live in the same house... We share the same bed. I've been feeling your stress every day and the closer we get to the launch the more intense you get. But you need to talk to me in those moments. Let me know what I can do. Let me help you. We're married now, and I married you for better or for worse."

Key nodded silently, taking in a couple deep breaths. He put the car in park, stopping the edging and handing the keys to Jonghyun. "I know... I'm sorry... I'm just... Stressed out."

"I get it baby," Jonghyun forgave. He took the keys, but not before leaning over to Key, using a hand to gently turn his face towards him so they could kiss. "Now get out so I can drive," he whispered.