~Chapter Seven~

I am aware that I was using the wrong font for like, half the chapter, and I apologize. However, I'm too lazy to go back and rewrite it.

Steven knocked on James's door and entered, the same he always did every morning.

James was already up and dressed, not paying his servant any attention.

"Good morning." Steven said, smiling.

His Master barely turned his eyes towards the other man and grunted.

Steven frowned, but chose to ignore the antic. "Would you like me to bring you your breakfast?" Maybe James was just in a bad mood from his late meeting with his father the night before.

James shook his head. "I'm afraid that I'll be busy. I won't be around today, so you are to make yourself useful around the palace in some other way. " His tone was sharp and cold, leaving Steven confused.

"What's wrong? " Steven dared to ask.

The Prince turned his eyes towards his servant. "Nothing. "

"Are you sure? You seem-"

"I said nothing, do I have to repeat myself?" James growled at the younger man.

"O-oh, I. . . I'm sorry. "He apologized, even thought it was too late, James was already out the door.

Steven stood alone in the bedroom, a mix of confusion and sadness churning inside him.

Was his dream come true fading into simply a short lived dream?

Would whatever was happening between the Prince and him soon dissolve, leaving nothing behind but a hurting Steven?

Steven sighed and made his way to the kitchen to tell the cooks that there was no need to prepare the Prince's breakfast, when Peggy walked past him.

He smiled at his friend, hoping that she would be over whatever had been bothering Her yesterday. Unfortunately, he had no such luck, the woman simply stared straight ahead like she didn't even see him.

Steven averted his own gaze towards the floor as he shuffled sadly towards the kitchen.

Wanda gave him analogy smile when she saw him. "How are you today, Steven?" She asked in foreign accent.

Steven managed a smile. "I'm good, " he lied. "How are you? "

She nodded as she muttered, "Good, good. " Her eyes seemed to say otherwise as she carefully spread warm butter on a piece of bread.

"Oh, I almost forgot, the Prince won't be having breakfast today. "

Wanda stopped spreading the butter. "O-oh. " She looked warily down at the bread she held in her hand. "Then what should I do with. . . With. . ." Her voice trailed off.

Steven took the bread from her and broke it into two pieces as he smiled. "I guess we get an appetizer."

Wanda shyly as they ate their bread. "Why are you so kind, Steven? "

The servant humbly looked down at the floor. "I was raised that way. And I know what it's like to be treated like dirt. I'm a servant, after all. " He chuckled, even though he hid a lot of pain behind the simple explanation.

The two were silent as the door to the kitchen was swung open, and Brock Rumlow walked through.

Rumlow scowled when he saw the two of them talking, and grabbed Wanda by the arm and pulled her close to him.