~Chapter Twenty-Six~

Steven let out a yelp as the thick, black boot on Rumlow's foot dug into his rib cage, definitely injuring his small.frame. This was his wakeup call after a torturously  long night of laying in complete darkness, softly crying and whimpering out James's name.

He'd slept for maybe two hours at the most. He just couldn't rid his mind of the horrible thoughts of what could possibly be happening to James. Steven had sobbed every moment that he was awake.

Rumlow knelt down next to the servant and grabbed a hold of his hair, yanking it up along with Steven's head. Steven gasped at the pain in his neck as Rumlow growled, "Stand up."

But Steven was feeling weak. He hadn't eaten since the day before, and Rumlow had already kicked him a number of times. Slowly, he tried to at least sit up, but the pain in his chest was too much. He collapsed back to the cold floor with a whine.

He heard Rumlow let out a ridiculing scoff. The larger man grabbed him roughly by the arm, his fingers digging into his delicate skin.

His touch was nothing like James's. James was always gentle with him.

"You're pathetic."  Rumlow spat as he tugged Steven along and pressed him to a cold wall. He leaned toward so that they were face to face. "That's all you are, huh? Just a pathetic little queer."
He raised his fist before connecting it with Steven's jaw,causing him to smack the back of his head on the hard concrete wall.

So Rumlow knew about him and James.

Rumlow brought his knee up, implanting it between Steven's ribs. "You're so weak," Rumlow snarled. "That's the only reason why James liked you, isn't it? Is it because you couldn't even fight him off if he tried to bed you?"

Steven cried out as the overseer grasped him by his hair again and thrust his head against the wall. His vision was blurring and his head throbbed with an unbearable pain.

He wanted to tell him otherwise. He wanted to scream, punch, kick, and bite him for evwn suggesting that James would ever use him in such a way. But he couldn't. 

"Well you won't have to worry about the Prince anymore. Because the things we're going to do to him," he paused to chuckle darkly. "He won't live through them."

Steven's heart dropped as well as his body when Rumlow tossed him back to the floor like he was weightless.
Rumlow walked over to him and brought his foot to Steven's face harshly, probably shattering the bones in his nose.

Steven could only manage  a whimper at the contact, his ribs hurt too much to allow him to sob like  he felt he needed to.

"Stupid queer." Is the last thing Rumlow mutters before leaving Steven, bleeding and crying on the cold floor.

The delicate skin on his face had been broken, leaving drops of crimson blood where he laid.

He ignored the pain in his chest, in his head, on his face. He wasn't crying because he was hurt. He was crying because they were hurting his James.

~

                "C'mon kid, you gotta wake up."

Steven stirred from his sleep, inly to feel a sharp pain shooting through his entire body.  He moamed softly as he tried to sit up.