The Spiritual Power

At Ayase Alisa's apartment |

Eli starred at herself at her own reflection through the mirror in the bathroom. Bag's were formed under her eyes and she's looked as if she hasn't slept in days. Her hair and make up was totally trashed and messed up to the point where she didn't even wanna continue looking at her reflection. Her eyes started to look down, only to find her phone on the bathroom sink, lit up by multiple messages. Her companions have been trying to reach her for the past 3 days, but sadly she hasn't accepted/responded to neither their calls or messages. She sighed heavily and started to put her hair in a messy bun, as she turned on the water from the sink. She quickly then scooped some water into her eyes and splashed her face full of water. Once she did this 3 times in a row she looked up at her reflection to see if there was any change in her appearance but the only thing that changed was her surroundings. Her eyes noticed the background, coming to a conclusion that it was Nozomi's old apartment. Blood was all over the floor,the walls, and even the furniture. A very vivid image of Nozomi's corpse, face first, on the floor causing her eyes to widen. She quickly tried to look back and see her, but sadly all she saw was bathroom walls wallpaper. Eli's eyes widened and she quickly tried to rub them away from water, only to smear whatever make up was still there. Once again she started to splash her face with more water, causing her to actually rub her face with a towel, to clean herself more. As she slowly removed the towel from her face she was left with a reflection in the mirror of Nozomi,standing behind her. Her eyes lifeless and her body covered with blood. Eli screamed out and tried to look back quickly, but only lead to her tripping back and falling onto the floor. She winced in pain, feeling a pain in her back and slowly tried to get up but it only lead to her falling back again.

The second thud caused Eli's sister to quickly run to the bathroom door and forcefully knock on it "O-Onee-chan! Are you okay?? What was that sound?"

Eli quickly rubbed her face and forced herself to get up quickly. "y-yes im fine! just dropped my hairbrush!!"

Arisa sighed and as the floor creaked, Eli knew her sister had walked away from the door.She shakily reached for the bathroom sink and rest both of her hands on the edges of the sink for support. Her eyes starred down at the sinks drain and watched as the faucets water continued to run.

Get a hold of yourself Eli. You were the one who said you could take on this case. You knew how much hardship would be put into this case. You knew what affect it would have on you... God damn it...why.. did i look at her case files ...the night i agreed to this damn case...i wasn't ready for that...

5 days earlier..|

  "yes ... i'll take the case..."  

"Great! We'll email you the entire case file right now. If you need any help you may call me Ayase."

I quickly ended the call and looked over at my laptop case that was next to my suit case. I knew how badly i was affected by the call but i never was able to see Nozomi after the night i said goodbye to her 10 years ago; back then,since i was in high school, they wouldn't let me see her body or the damage the men had done to her. With that said, my curiosity/depression desperately wanted to see pictures of her. I eagerly wanted to see what they actually did to her, so i grabbed my laptop and instantly signed into my email. Just as my emails loaded, a message popped up on my screen; the case file.

My heart stopped for an instant, just behind the email was a dark dark murder case that was resolved around my ex-lover. My hands shook as i moved the cursor to the email and clicked on it. In seconds, the full case popped up revealing all the background behind the case. My eyes glanced at all the minimized pictures and took interest in a specific one labeled 'Tojo Nozomi's Corpse'. My mind sprung to the name and instantly clicked on it. To my shock i was ready for the cruel photos. The first picture contained a picture of Nozomi's full back, covered with multiple stab wounds. I felt something come up in my throat as i starred at the picture but i tried my best to keep it inside me. The blood and the stab wounds just seemed to have a big effect towards my being. The next picture was even worse for me. This was the front part of Nozomi, her guts were fully pulled out from her insides and her stomach was wide open for all to see. I gaged and instantly reached for the trash can that was next to my desk and barfed, unable to hold it down anymore. Out of my 10 years worth of work, i have never seen such a brutal killing case like this. There were gashes all over her body and as she looked where her chest was, she noticed that her heart was completely ripped out from her chest. "oh dear god... Nozomi.." i muttered under my breath. A loud creak behind me made me instantly stand up and turn around to see who was behind me.