New Strings

"And I told him to get out of my way before I throw it in his face". I started to laugh holding my belly. Mom was telling me about what happened when she was at the restaurant today.

"Mom you didn't have to say that. Maybe he liked you and was trying to hold a conversation by being disrespectful". She passed me a plate with a sandwich on it and sat beside me at the counter.

"Well. . .". She looked up at the ceiling holding the sandwich in her hand.

"I didn't think of it like that". I chuckle and took a bite.

I heard a loud noise outside and it seem as if mom did too.

We looked at each other while frowning in curiosity.

"What's that?"

"I'd asked you the sane thing". She replied and put her sandwich in her plate and got up moving towards the window.

"Mom your too nosy". I got up and followed her. I wanna see what it is too.

"Nosy huh?" She arc an eyebrow looking at me while we stand at the window.

I shrugged.

"What? You're my mother". She smile then we started looking out the window.

"Seem as if we're having new neighbors". She said.

I see a huge truck backing up on the driveway and a car parked at the front.

Soon it stopped and three seconds later people started exiting it.

It feels like my eyes automatically zoomed up when I saw this handsome tall young man. He's smiling at supposedly his mother. She looks so young. Just like mine. People that doesn't know us thinks we're sisters.

"Let's go meet our new neighbors". What?

"Mom no. Your kidding right?" She grinned.

"Yes I am. . .". She said sounding mocking.

"Of course not let's go. This is our tradition and you know it".

I sigh and started off to my room to change my clothes into something more. . .I don't know. . .lookable.

* * *

"Hi". Mom said walking up to the lady who smiled right after she turn around and saw us.

"Hellooo".

"I'm Nicole and this is my daughter Akeilia. We saw when you drove up. . .".

I zoned out from mom and the lady conversation looking around for the boy I saw. I just couldn't help it.

"Mom whats going on out he-". I look behind me and see this chocolate eyes, brown hair boy who look to be in my age group or a little older, gazing at me just as I am at him.

"Oh honey, come here". He look away from me and walked beside his mom. He has a pleasant smile on his face looking at both of us.

"Our new neighbors came to give us a welcome visit, this is Nicole and this is her daughter Akeilia. . .". She said pointing at us as she said our names.

". . .And this is my son Christopher". She put her hands on his shoulders smiling.

"Hello Nicole, Akeilia". His voice is husky.

"Hi Christopher your gonna love it here".

"I want to". He said speaking to mom but looking at me.

"Why don't you guys come to our house for dinner? Since you aren't settled in yet?" I look at mom in shock. What does she think she's doing?

"Um. . .".