Long lost sister

Dedicated to: Lilcrazzy26

“I don't have a sister”. We're all standing down here, looking at the girl who claimed to be my sister. She's lucky the guards didn't shoot her, showing up at a time like this. She has brown hair and dark skin.

“I've never seen or heard of you. How did you even find us?” Uncle Nathan asked also believing that she's an imposter.

“I…I've been watching the news. My mom... My mother was shot to death couple months ago. She told me the name of my real father some days before. She said she felt guilty for keeping it from me for so long. She said his name was Daniel Shaw and I have a sister by the name of Akeilia Shaw. I remembered I heard Akeilia's name on the news and saw this house. That's how I knew where to come. I was hesitating to come here, but I decided on it. I just wanted you to know”. I'm trying to figure out why someone who looked so young would want to feed us with such a lie, but nothing came to mind. Her hair isn't curly like mine. It's straight, her eyes isn't as bright as mine. The only resemblance I see is the shape of our body. I don't believe her one bit. I can't manage anything else than what I'm already going through.

I look at Michael, but avert my eyes immediately before he notice me glancing. I know he wants to talk to me, but I don't want to.

“Who is your mother?” Mom asked and walked closer. Tears fell from the girl's eyes.

“She was a teacher. Her name is Kathryn Biggs”. My eyes widen. Mom eyes are also wide. She's stood there, frozen in shock. She made a swallow.

“Mrs Biggs? Akeilia's teacher?” Mom said with a disappointed tone. “I spent all these years loving a man I thought was the most faithful man on earth, and he was cheating on me with our daughter's teacher”.

“How old are you?” Uncle Nathan asked.

“I'll be eighteen next year”. Just like me? “My name is Ebony Biggs. Wilson Biggs is also my uncle. He's a detective”.

Everyone looks surprised. It's obvious what everyone's thinking, even me. Dad cheated on mom. How could he?

“My mother told me that he didn't know that she was pregnant because she didn't tell him. It was after they broke up she found out, but he was already engaged... So she kept it a secret from him”. She look down in sadness. Ms Biggs knew about this all along and said nothing to me? The least she could've done was to tell me. But I'm still not sure. None of us are.

“What are all the sad faces for? We're not even sure that she's telling the truth”. Michael said upset. But I know that he's upset because I'm not talking to him. This wouldn't upset him so easily. Unless the girl said something she shouldn't, which she haven't.

“The only way to find out is to do a DNA test”. Nicholas remarked.

“In a time like this?” Amelia frown. “It's too dangerous. She was probably lucky to make it here alive”. She added.

“Too dangerous?” Ebony as she called herself, said. “I was lucky to?- what's going on?” She's good. A very good actress.

I'm not gonna think of the fact that she could be telling the truth. I don't even trust her.

“It's nothing for you to worry about?” Leon told her.

“Leon”. Nicholas called. All the guys went aside talking lowly, but not before Nicolas ordered the guards to watch her closely. Mom just sit tapping her foot. She looks lost in thought.

“Akeilia can I speak to you for a moment?” Monique walked over to me and we walked further from everyone, leaving the girl to stand alone.

“Did Mrs Biggs said anything to you about her?”