T H R E E

"Come in."

Asce opened the door and nervously stepped inside.

Professor Santic looked up, earning a sharp breath from Asce.

"H-Here," Asce clumsily handed the papers to the man behind the desk, blushing ever so slightly as large hands took the papers between them.

"Thank you Asce." The professor had a light tone about him, an aura that made Asce find himself leaning ever so slightly towards the rich voice. Asce jumped a bit, realizing where his body was, and the professor looked up again. Asce could barely breath as he felt a heavy blanket of electricity spark between them.

"Yes?"

The professor's cool voice sounded almost breathless to his own ears, as he felt his hot breath fan across his neck. Asce shivered and almost closed his eyes.

Suddenly, as if a bucket of cold water had been poured on his head, Asce realized how close they were.

"Ah! E-Excuse me!" he almost yelled as he jumped away, "Um, I have to get to class."

In his hurry, Asce tripped over his laces and fell flat on his face.

"Ugnh," Asce propped himself up and shook out the shock from the fall. A pair of gleaming black dress shoes stood in front of him.

"Are you alright?" Professor Santic reached out a hand.

Grateful, yet mortified, Asce took it. A small gasp escaped his lips as the place where the professor had touched burned with heat. The professor's eyes suddenly darkened, and Asce felt a rush of heat flow into his limbs.

"I-I'm fine," Asce stuttered as he struggled to string together words, "T-Thank you, I-I'll see you t-tomorrow."

Asce was blushing furiously when he got back to his room. He quickly closed the door behind him, slamming the lock shut.

"Hey you're--are you ok?" Ryan put down his sandwich as he stood up. Asce was standing in the doorway, his face red and his blue eyes shining. Ryan felt a rush of anger as he rushed towards him as Asce walked to the couch.

Who did this to you? was what he wanted to say, but he knew Asce would just bottle up and not say a word, so he opted for the safer choice.

"What happened?"

Ryan's voice felt soothing to the burning in Asce's chest as he clung to him. Asce smiled and tried to compose himself.

"It's nothing, I was just scared my essay wasn't good enough."

Ryan frowned and his grey eyes met blue ones, "And so your face turned red because of that?"

Asce looked down, he could only nod, praying that Ryan didn't ask any more questions.

Ryan looked down and sighed, "Well if something did happen you can always tell me, you know that right?"

Asce looked back up and gave a small smile, "I know," he said as he walked to his room.

Ryan's heart clenched. Whoever this person is, he won't take my Asce away.

~~~

"Today we're going to start on a topic most of you have had wonderful experiences with." Professor Santic paced across the front of the room, cool in the midst of dozens of eyes, he calmly walked to the whiteboard and wrote down one word, "Love," he stated earning some appreciative murmurs, "Can anyone tell me why so many of our most sought out and precious works of literature converge around the concept of love?"