S E V E N

"Hey Ryan." 

Ryan looked up as Asce walked into his room, "Have you ever heard of the place called Mad Max?" Asce asked, flopping beside the taller boy.

Ryan frowned, thinking for a second before suddenly pouncing on the unsuspecting Asce.

"AHHH," the smaller boy yelped as he was tackled to the bed.

"You mean the movie Mad Max?" he said as he wrestled the blonde below him. 

Asce shoved his elbow into Ryan's stomach, earning a small grunt, "No, you know, the place downtown near the coffee shop. The one we past last week."

Ryan stopped moving and looked into Asce's face. 

"Oh, you mean the club Mad Max?" he said, carefully choosing his words. Asce was startled at the bit of information, but hid his surprise.

"Yeah."

Ryan sat up and rearranged his shirt, "What about it?" he asked, avoiding eye contact.

Asce fidgeted before saying, "Well, uh, I saw one of my, um, classmates go inside and was wondering if they accepted people our age."

Ryan ran a hand down his face, pausing to grasp at his neck.

"Um, I don't think so." Ryan gave Asce a funny look, debating whether or not to tell him, "It's a 21 and over club."

Asce didn't reply, too busy thinking up a reasonable response to say something intelligent.

"Asce," Ryan spoke with an awkward air about him, "You do know that Mad Max is a gay bar."

Asce froze, his fidgeting shocked out of him. What.

"W-WHAT?" he almost yelled, then caught himself halfway, "Are, are you serious?"

Ryan looked at him funny, "Yes, I'm serious, it's the hottest gay bar in the city." He studied Asce's face, searching for the reason for his interest, "Why?"

Asce scrambled for a reply, "No reason," he said, "just curious."

Ryan raised his eyebrow, "Okayyyyy," he drew the word out but didn't question it.

It was slightly awkward the next couple of seconds before Asce moved to sit up.

"Uh, well thanks." He slid off the bed, "Good night."

Ryan's eyes trailed after the blonde haired boy, a hundred thoughts running through his mind, a hundred different beats of his heart slowly filling back up with hope.

"Night."

~~~

"Ugghh," Asce groaned as he held himself over the toilet bowl, hands clutching his roiling stomach, "uuuuh."

"Asce, you alright in there?" Ryan's voice called out from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Mghhh," Asce hurled again, his limbs shaking from the exertion.

"Hey I can hear you barfing in there." Ryan knocked on the door, "I'm coming in." The door opened and a half asleep Ryan stepped through.

"Hey, hey, you ok?" He looked at the scene before him. Asce, half sprawled across the toilet seat, half on the tiled floor, he looked a mess.

"I-I'm fine," Asce choked out before gagging once again on his empty stomach.

Ryan sighed, "You aren't," he said, "If you were you wouldn't be up at 2am puking your guts out."