S I X T E E N

Asce was back in the room.

It was black and the darkness coalesced into mist that wrapped around his body like silk. Asce breathed in, the cool air biting his throat like an icy kiss.

He was alone. The small flowers blooming as he began to walk, a sea of black surging before him. It was quiet, and yet the peacefulness calmed him, as if he had all time in the world to wander to nowhere.

A soft light appeared at the end of the room. Asce gazed curiously towards it. With each step the light got brighter, its ethereal glow a warm caress. Asce stopped a few meters away from the beautiful vision ahead.

Before him stood Stefan. His midnight hair glistened in the faint light, as if it was soaked from rain, and his body reminded Asce of a fire that only he could quench.

Asce swallowed and slowly stepped up towards the taller man. Stefan turned around.

At first Asce couldn't tell what he was seeing, but it was soon clear as day. Shimmering streaks flowed down Stefan's face, tears mixing with the water dripping from his hair. His eyes were downcast, and yet his pain pierced into Asce as if he had been looking straight into his soul. Asce felt his heart clench as he watched Stefan look up. His normally fiery eyes were full of guilt as he stared unseeing into Asce's blue ones.

It scared him. He had never seen Stefan like this, and it scared him, for all he could do was watch that slow agony eat up those beautiful ebony eyes.

Asce wanted to reach out, yet something stopped him. It was as if an invisible rope was tying him, tethered to the surface as he tried to jump down the hole Stefan had fallen into. He watched helplessly as dark, dainty hands encircled that smooth neck. He watched as the last spark faded from those cool eyes and that beautiful face contort into an agonizing grimace as the tears welled up inside.

He was helpless as that long brown hair wrapped itself around the man before him in a mocking embrace and stormy grey eyes peered at him though the darkness.

It was her eyes that I remember the most.

Asce woke up clutching at his covers, he breath coming at an irregular staccato.

His heart pounded in his chest as he tried to get his bearings.

It was just a dream, he told himself, but all he could see was the pain in those eyes and the colour grey.

Asce felt overwhelmed, as a couple tears escaped and rolled down his chin. He could feel the phantom echo of emptiness within and it felt awful. He wanted it gone. He needed to take his mind off it. He needed to forget, for thinking just broke his heart and twisted it apart.

Throwing his covers off, he made his way to the kitchen. Shooting a quick glance at the clock that read, 2:48am, Asce opened the fridge.

"Asce?" a quiet voice mumbled. Asce jerked at the sound and noticed a half asleep Ryan curled up on the sofa. "What's wrong?"

Asce let out a small breath and thinned his lips, "Just a bad dream," he said, his voice breaking part way through, "I just need a drink."

Ryan rubbed his eyes, the sleep slipping away as he propped himself up. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No," Asce shook his head.

Ryan groaned and switched to a more comfortable position. "Do you need me to keep you company?"

Asce said nothing and looked down. Then, almost imperceptibly he gave a small nod.

Ryan lifted his blanket and motioned for him to bring the beer and join him. Asce felt a surge of relief and comfort as he slipped under the soft blanket and snuggled into his best friend. Ryan's chest was warm and Asce relaxed as the other boy rubbed his back, his tension dissipating.

"If you need to talk, I'm right here," Ryan whispered the words. Asce nodded once and buried his face into the cushion. Then he sat up, Ryan following his movements, watching the smaller boy.

Asce took a deep breath, "Let me have a couple drinks first."

Asce reached for a can and popped it open. Ryan watched as he downed it in a couple gulps and reached for a second. Ryan thought for a moment, then reached out for his own can.

Soon they were both tipsy as Asce recounted his sob story about a husband betraying his wife.

"--and then, and then she was no longer there. She, she just left his life. Without even, without a warning or anything."

Ryan nodded in sympathy as he watched the flush on Asce's neck in the dim light.

"Asce," Ryan suddenly said as he leaned forward, "Hey Asce, you know that I like you right?"

Asce smacked Ryan in the arm, "Obviously," he slurred.

Ryan shook his head, unable to process what he was saying, "Ok good, but you know what people do when they like each other?"

Asce blinked, confused, then grinned languidly, "No, what?"

Ryan felt his reasoning slip away as he gazed at the blonde boy. He knew that it was abrupt, he knew that it was a terrible idea yet he couldn't control himself. Maybe it was the alcohol, or maybe it was just his heart screaming but Ryan grinned back and suddenly pressed Asce down onto the couch.

"This."

~~~

Ahhhh, I'm sorrybutnotsorry for ending it there xD it was a short chapter, I know but the next one won't be.

I just wanted to say HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Or the day after Halloween...for those of you in different parts of the world. I'm just gonna say THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH, we're almost at 9.5k and HOLY I never would've thought you guys would actually like this. So thank you very much :3

See you guys next week!!