Chapter 4: Harry the Caricature

After lunch, they had to go to the Gryffindor prayer session. Each house had a prayer session at a different time, and the Gryffindors were first. Reverend Dumbledore led the prayer session, and he only did this for the Gryffindor hats. There was a room in the school that looked exactly like a church, which is where their prayer sessions took place.

"OH LORD WE GLORIFY YOU EVERY DAY, PLEASE FORGIVE OUR SINS, PLEASE BLESS US..." He kept going on and on, and the students would sometimes shout with the reverend, praising God.

They had free time after that. They heard Luna practicing for the debate.

"And as you can see in the fourteenth amendment it clearly states and I quote 'All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.'" She continued by saying, "This means that if a gay couple walks into a bakery and wants you to make a wedding cake for them, they should not be refused just because they are gay."

Harry did not hesitate to retort, "But God doesn't people to be gay! He wants them to be straight and have kids and if they are a man, God wants them to work and earn money while the woman stays home, supporting the husband!"

Luna put her hands to her face, her hands were in a similar position to when they prayed and took a breath. "Look, Harry, I don't have time for this-"

"We'll have a debate right here, right now!"

"Harry, I'm only practicing-"

"Great! You start."

"But I-"

"I said you start!"

Luna sighed. "Fine."

Hermione put a hand on one of Luna's shoulders. "We're sorry about our friend here. He only hears what he wants to hear."

Ron put a hand on Luna's other shoulder. "Yeah, he's kind of... Delusional. Is that the right word?" Ron whispered the question into Luna's ear.

Luna responded by saying, "I think that's one of the best words to describe him."

"I am not delusional! You are delusional for denying the Truth!" Harry shouted.

"Come on, Harry. Don't bother the poor girl." Hermione said, trying to drag Harry away, but ultimately failing.

"No! I will not stop until she sees the truth!" Harry shouted, letting go of Hermione's grasp.

Ron grabbed Harry and dragged him away from Luna while Harry struggled to escape.

"She needs.... To see.... The truth!" Harry shouted while attempting to struggle out of Ron's grasp.

"Hey, look, it's Ron's Hufflepuff sister talking about how terrible Donald Trump is!" Hermione shouted, pointing at Ginny, who was laughing with Susan Bones.

"Release me, Ronald! I must set the record straight with your sister!" Harry shouted, finally being let go of Ron's grasp.

Hermione giggled as Harry ran towards Ginny. "Harry was always quite the character."

"Yeah, he always was amusing," Ron replied. "You should have seen him when he was shouting at my sister the other day."