Chapter Thirteen: Even More Messed-Up Classes!

(A/N: Thank you all so much for the positivity toward this book! It really means a lot to me!)

They reached the class, and sat down in their usual seats, and Brie sat between Lavender and Hermione.

"Welcome to Gryffindor!" Lavender greeted Brie.

"Um, thanks?"

"Aw, c'mon, Gryffindor's the best hat ever! Reverend Dumbledore gives us tons of special privileges the other hats don't have!"

"I'm listening..."

"Well, Reverend Dumbledore leads the prayer sessions," Lavender began. "And since he's a Reverend, God blesses us more than the other hats, which means we get more stuff in heaven after we die."

"Oh, when you said special privileges, I thought-"

"You thought I meant earthly privileges, didn't you? We don't have an awful lot of those... except of course for the lavish furniture, the softest beds in the whole school, vanities for all the girls-"

Lavender was cut off when Mr. Moody walked into the classroom. "Good morning, class!"

"Good morning, Mr. Moody!"

"So, for those of you who were chosen to be in Gryffindor during the annual conversion, welcome to Miracles of God. Today, we will look at the debate between the evolutionist Bill Nye and the wise soul Ken Hamm."

Hermione noticed Brie chanting something under her breath.

Mr. Moody turned on the projector, and showed them Bill Nye's opening statement.

"Now, as you can tell, this is completely preposterous. We all know that Noah's ark did indeed happen, and we don't need this so-called 'evidence' to support it."

Brie raised her hand.

"Yes Miss Hopkins?"

"Well, how do you know you're right without evidence?"

"Because the Bible says so, of course."

"But you could apply that to any book at all. You could say 'I believe that there's a magical world in my closet because Narnia told me so,' and it would mean the same thing," Brie said.

The Gryffindors were speechless. No one ever questioned the Bible, yet here this girl was, talking about the Great Flood, as if it was a fairytale.

"The Bible is the word of God, Miss Hopkins. What other 'evidence' do you need?" Mr. Moody said.

"How about geological evidence?-"

"She said the L-word again!"

Brie glared back at Harry, then turned back to Mr. Moody. "There isn't any evidence that would suggest such a large flood."

"Miss Hopkins, I understand you're used to being a Hufflepuff," Mr. Moody said. "But as a Gryffindor hat, you need to remember your new beliefs."

"But I can't conform to those beliefs, because there's no reason for me to do so."

"Well, you can't convert back to Hufflepuff or God will smite us all with His fiery wrath, unless another Hufflepuff takes your place, which is very unlikely. At least try to fit in with the rest."

Brie sighed. "Yes, sir."

"Alright, on with the lesson..."

About an hour later, they were dismissed to their next class, How to Live a Godly Life.

"So, what exactly are you learning in this class?" Brie asked.

"Well, we're learning what exactly happens in the everyday life of a godly family," explained Hermione.