I'm an Elemental Wolf

Chapter 1- Shunned and Banished

Kaiya was shunned all her life. Her pack treated her like shit. Nobody went near her because she was different. Her hair was white as the Moon and it had a single orange stripe going down the side. She had tried to color her hair, but for some reason it didn’t work. The color would just drip off.

Most importantly they shunned her because of fear, even though she didn’t know why. She was blind too, so what damage could she have done? At least that’s what she thought until a few nights ago, when she found her mate, Carson Jones, soon to be Alpha. And he rejected her.

A few nights ago, at the pack house….

Kaiya’s  p.o.v.

Finally it’s Friday! I know I didn’t have any friends, but today I could practice my karate all alone with nobody to disturb me. It may seem kind of anti-social, but my pack just calls me a freak of nature because of my appearance. It was horrible especially since my parents died and I was forced to move to the pack house. It was like I could never escape the misery.

I had just finshed my shower when I bumped into him. I felt electricity shoot up my arm and I knew he was my mate. I turned around to wait for him to speak so I could know who he was. Suddenly he screamed.

“NO! It can’t be the freak! Why would the Fates curse me with such a pathetic mate like you!” He yelled. It was Carson.

“What?” I asked, feeling the tears spill from my unseeing eyes.

“You heard me. I can’t believe this! You’re not even hot!! You’re just a pathetic freak!”

I felt my anger start to build up. I couldn’t believe this. My own mate thought I was pathetic. I have had enough. I started feeling hotter and hotter, like I was actually boiling. I didn’t feel sick though. It felt good, strengthening even.

I heard a gasp and a faint “What the hell?”.

I heard footsteps run away and then come back.

“How is she doing this? How is she on fire?” It was Alpha Jones. But ,….. I WAS ON FIRE! What the hell?!

“Kaiya I command you to stop!” He said , his voice dripping with Alpha command. I had no choice. I stopped. But when I stopped a miracle happened. I could see. I saw Carson and Alpha Jones. Everything.

“What do you want?” I said directly facing them.

“What I want is to reject you, so I, Carson Jones formally reject you, you freak!” And then he scoffed and walked away.

My heart was shattered. If he had shot me, it would have hurt less. I gasped in pain and fell to the ground. I looked up at Alpha Jones and saw pity and sadness in his eyes. I knew what was coming.

“I’m so sorry Kaiya. You are now a menace to this pack. I hereby banish you from this pack. Collect your belongings and leave in the next hour.”

The tears started to come back. I’m only fourteen. What was I going to do?!

“But-“ He cut me off.

“I know you can see now so you aren’t helpless. It’s for the best. I’m sorry.”

“Fine, but hear this. You will regret this. Both of you will.”

After that I opened the window and left. I didn’t want to remember my old life, nothing was worth taking with me, except a picture of my parents.

I ran till I crossed the border of our land.

Goodbye and  good riddance.