•3•

He held my arm

He held my arm. I looked up at him with curiosity. He looked at me and blushed. He let go of my hand.

"Thank you." He said shyly.

"Your welcome." I smiled and with a nod I continued.

"What do you have now? Subject I mean..." I asked with a warm smile.

"Math." River gave a curious stared.

"I have maths too, But I don't know where it is. Do you mind showing me, if it's not too much a burden." I asked, blood rushed to my cheeks as I spoke.

"Come on." He awoke from his seat and motioned me onwards, I guess that was my answer.

We walked beside each other and spoke quietly in murmurs. Turns out we had the same subjects. Advanced everything. He was cute, nice and smart what more could you want?

We went to a class and the teacher looked at us in questionable stare.

"Hi I'm Rose. I'm sorry for being late. I got lost and river help me out and showed me around." I said nicely.

"Okay don't let happen again. Go sit in the available seats." The teacher Mr Johnson said, and without another word he continued with his lesson not really worrying about much else.

We walked to the back of the classroom since that was the only place there were seats available. I sat beside River. I smiled at him in reassurance and took out my books.

I looked at River who seemed pretty focused but I noticed him watching me watching him. Such an adoration I had for him already, to be honest I truly scared me. It was incoherent.

I would turn to meet his gaze but for the first time since I had been born of darkness I felt shy, okay maybe not shy just really nervous. If that makes sense.

Class went by fast.  I awoke at the same time as River had. I smiled at him. He smiled back but was confused. I saw fear behind his beautiful irises. A fear I wished to eradicate.

"What's wrong?" I asked in concern.

"Nothing." He said too quickly for it to be the truth.

It was Lunch and since I was a loner which was normal for vampires. I decided to walk to the library. I saw a couple student and by couple I mean two.

River and another guy talking. The guy saw me then spoke to River. I used my vamp hearing listening to their conversation. It might be rude but It seems curiosity got the better of me.

"Isn't that her? I've has to be since I've never seen her before?" The guy asked as he quickly glanced at me. River turned then looked away.

"Yes, she helped me and actually has a heart." I chuckled a bit. Oh if you only knew. My heart stop beating along time ago.

"She's so hot." Interesting friend.

"Dibs." River retorted quickly.

"Why we both know you won't make a move." I chuckled. River was about to say something when I got in hearing distance.

He smiled at me making my heart want to melt, if it was beating anyway. I saw the other guy checking me out. It made me feel uncomfortable but then I saw River doing the same thing.

I blushed and smiled.

"Hello again." I said.

"Hey." River said. The other guy stepped in front of River.

"Well hello there. I think I just died and went to heaven." More like hell. I laughed inwardly.

I looked at him weirdly. River inhaled deeply. "Sorry This is Cody." He shook his head.

"It's okay. I'm Rose." I smiled at Cody and raised my hand to shake his hand. Instead he grabbed it and kissed it. I pulled it out of his tight grip and whipped it.

"Just as beautiful." Cody said.

"Yea. I can be the Rose And you can be the thorn." River tried to contain his laughter but couldn't. Cody glared at River.

"Nice try." River said.

"Anyway what are you doing here?" Cody asked.

"Well I'm normally at the library reading and I'm a loner." I shrugged.

"You read?"

"Your a loner?"

They asked at the same time.

"Yea I love to read and I just like being alone sometimes." I shrugged. I looked up and saw River staring at me in awe when I said read.

I looked at the desk and saw a book about the history of immortals. It interested me that he took an interest in immortals.

"You believe in vampires?" I asked curiously.

"Yea. Just because you haven't seen something doesn't make it any less real." River shrugged.

I smiled at him.

Ring ring

The bell rang. Time really does fly...

"We should go." I said to River.

"Yeah." He said in agreement. We walked beside each other towards life orientation. I hated this class with a passion. I mean I would totally burn the classroom if I remember. I should get someone to do it though.

We were stop by on of the jocks of the school. I looked at him questionably.

 I looked at him questionably