•2•

Him

Him

My beloved. He wore big, baggy hoodie and was bruised and battered. It broke my heart even though I didn't know him. How could I feel this way for someone who I had just laid my eyes upon?

"Oh god, are you okay." I gasped and inquired. The look of surprise washed over his face.

He didn't answer. Simply stared...

I took his hand an dragged him to the nurses office, the smell of disinfectant guiding me along the ghost hallway. He flinched back when I touch him. As much as I wanted to heal him, I couldn't. He was human, mundane but hopefully would accept me when the time came.

He was hurt and I was going to make the people who had brought pain upon beg for mercy. I was going to enforce my very own dark purpose upon them.

He sat there quite...

He found solitude in it...

It was comfortable silence that was riddled with questions.

"Are you okay?" I asked finally as I scraped up all the courage I could muster up.

"Why did you help me?" He asked completely ignoring my own inquiries.

"Why wouldn't I." I asked confusedly. I mean it was comment decency to help those who are hurt, wasn't it? It was a strange question.

"Because I'm a nerd and I'll ruin your reputation." I titled my head to look at him. Nerd, wasn't that a compliment. To be recognized for your intelligence and hard work towards intellectual greatness but did he really look at me like that... Like I was a popular wannabe.

"I don't care about reputations. I don't like people who do. I think you should treat people the way you want to be treated." My accent thick as I spoke to him. My heart was beating faster then the speed of light if that was possible.

"Your British... Are You new?" He asked.

I smiled warmly. "Yes." I answered him.

"God she is beautiful." He said, his voice in a gentle like whisper. I think it was meant to be in his head and he said it out loud. I blushed scarlet

"Thank you." I hid my face.

"I said that out loud didn't I ?" He blushed.

"Yea."I smiled at him. "This is embarrassing but what's your name." He asked.

"It's not embarrassing for you nor I and my name is Rose. Yours?" I asked.

"My name is River."

River... His name sent chills down my spine.

"Rose?" He asked. He did something I would have not guessed...

 He did something I would have not guessed

◀☀▶