•5•

"Rose I have to go

"Rose I have to go. I have to get my baby sister from a friends house." He explained and gave me a small smile that leaked worry.

"Oh okay, I'll give you a ride." I said to him. While he got his things I took out my black Range Rover from the garage. I started the car and waited.

River walked out side with his backpack and got into the car.

"We can pick your sister up and go to your house one time." I suggested.

"If you don't mind." He said quietly.

"Of course I don't." I smiled and he returned. I felt myself getting closer to him, it was  strange feeling. It somehow made me feel human if that was remotely possible. It warmed my beating heart. Well not so much beating.

I never thought in all my my hundreds of years that I would go soft. It still shocked me. I gave up on the thoughts of having a beloved and being happy in that way but I guess I learnt that you shouldn't give up so easily.

We drove to a suburban area. He gave me directions. We spoke about random things and he told me his sister was six and very hyper. Her name was Andrea.

We parked outside a house that was a magazine like, with a white picket fence and as River stepped out the car and walked out to the door, I got of the car and leaned against the car and looked around.

The place looked very family friendly and reminded me of those houses you see in movies  with kids running around the yard.

I saw River talking to a middle age lady who looked oddly suspicious. I turned before she could see my face. A little girl came out of the house and hugged River.

I smiled at the scene in front of me. They walked to the car and when the little girl saw me her eyes lit up. River smiled at her.

"Hi I'm Andrea." She was absolutely adorable. There was no one who could deny it.

"Hi I'm Rose. River told me about you but he didn't mention you were so beautiful."

She blushed. "Your beautiful to. And your really nice."

"Thank you." I smiled at her.

"You can drive to your house then we'll switch. If you don't mind."

"I don't . But are you sure you don't mind me driving your car." I frowned.

"River it's just a car. I don't mind." I said.

"Come on sweetie." I opened the back seat door and picked her up to put her in. She was small and needed help. She giggled.

I got in the passenger seat and he got in the driver's. He started the car and I must say he was a good diver. I spoke to Andrea. She told me about herself.

We got to a house that looked like the rest. I got out and I heard crashes. I took Rivers phone to use as an excuse so I could come back.

He heard crashing too and  his eyes widened in fear.