Chapter Six:

“But why?” The other two employees demanded in shock. “What motive could you possibly have had to kill him?”

The look on Masaoka’s face transformed instantly, until his eyes blazed with hatred. “That man deserved to die. He was the Devil in a human’s body.”

“How could you say such things about you employer?”

        The now defeated killer tilted his head back to stare at the ceiling, the gaze in his eyes far away. “Many years ago, I had a younger sister, the most beautiful and kindhearted sister you could ever be blessed with. She was such a kind girl, and didn’t have so much as an ounce of evil in her heart. The two of us were a happy family, after our parents died.

       “One day, my sister fell in love with a foreign singer, hoping to become famous here in Japan. I supported their relationship, as much as a big brother could. And the day soon came where they announced their engagement, right after her fiancee became famous.

        “However, those happy times didn’t last. The man was caught cheating on my sister before they were even married. When I confronted him about it, he stated that he had no interest in my younger sister anymore, now that so many more women were willing to obey his every beck and call. He left the country with his new girlfriend, and they were married in Paris not too long after. My sister, on the other hand, fell into depression.”

     “But wasn’t it her ex-fiancee’s fault? What did it have to do with Aogi?” Chizuru Minamoto demanded.

       “That’s what I believed as well, until I noticed that she was having trouble with her boss at work. Guess who he was?”

       Chizuru’s eyes widened. “No way, don’t tell me it was Aogi!”

       Masaoka nodded. “Exactly. After I did some investigating, I learned from another employee that Aogi had taken an interest into my sister, and used his connections to manipulate my sister’s previous relationship from behind the scenes. He had paid her fiancee to leave her, so Aogi himself could make a move on her!”

       Masaoka’s eyes blazed with hatred as he continue to speak. “By the time I found that out, it was too late. Aogi’s advances on my sister drove her over the breaking point, and she called me one last time on her cell phone to tell me goodbye, before committing suicide by jumping off the thirteenth floor of Aogi’s office building. And that demon didn’t feel so much as a single speck of remorse over what he had done. That’s when I decided to punish him. Both him, my sister’s ex, and his new wife, for what they had done. And I planned on carrying out my plan tonight, when all three of them would be right in the palm of my hand. I had changed my name and appearance slightly, so that Aogi wouldn’t recognize me. He never knew who I was, not even after I slit his throat and watched him bleed to death.”

         Megure stepped forward. “Well, unfortunately for you, Masaoka, you’ll be spending quite some time behind bars, so you won’t be able to kill your other two intended targets.”

        Masaoka smirked as he was handcuffed. “Oh, I wouldn’t be too sure about that.”

         “What do you mean?!”

          “Very well, if you insist. I hired a professional assassin to kill the other two of them in case I was caught. I gave him a photo of his two targets to identify them by.” Masaoka managed to pull out a photo from his back pocket and held it out.

         “Hang on a minute,” Takagi said as he looked at the photo. “Doesn’t the woman resemble Yusa Rowland in some ways?”

           “You’re right, she really does look like an older version of Yusa,” Sato remarked.