Chapter 1

A very beautiful morning it was, in the city of Lagos Nigeria. The breeze was gentle and intoxicating, the trees swaying from side to side. The town of Ikeja was busy as usual as it is meant to be every Monday... Urgh Monday and it's problems!.... You have to wake early and rush to do things..."grrrrrriiiiinnnnggg!"sounded the alarm, she looked at the clock and hissed"urgh, it's Monday"she said between yawns... She could hear her mum already leaving her room coming towards the kitchen.She jumped out of bed in a rush, her mum mustn't meet her in bed, she'll skin her if she finds out that she hasn't bathed.... In a flash, she jumps out of bed and rushes into the bathroom... "Dunni, are you just waking up?"her mother asks "Err, ekaroo ma, I... I... "She says, pausing and not knowing what to say. "Do quick, let Dehinde enter the bathroom!"says her mum... "Okay ma... I'll soon be done"she replies .
Meet Dunni Adewale, a sixteen year old student of Mind builders international college, Ikeja, Lagos. She is indeed a very bright and talented student who is really obsessed with Law as a profession, while most if her friends go about reading novels and magazines of hot boys, she reads law books! "How unusual"they always say... She loves watching the sitting of the parliament which her best friend Ololade doesn't find funny at all.... She has a daring nature which her mother keeps telling her is not good for a woman... But, she cares less... She is an extremist and also a very optimistic person...
Mind Builders international college,a school for all... Every parent at ikeja had at least one of their kids in that school. It is indeed a school for all as the qualities are outstanding... They come tops in virtually everything, sports, musical shows, talent hunts, Art Exhibitions, to Name but a few... Also, the qualifications of the teachers have boosted the school to a such great height that others envy.
"Drop us here sir"Dunni says to the bike rider, she and Dehinde gets off and she pays him... "First day in high school eh Dehin?"she smiles and pokes him"oh, stop it sister Dunni, I'm excited already, but you acting more excited than I am"he replied laughing, "sorry, I get carried away at times"she says as they walk into the school. "Dunni!"screams someone, as she turns to look she was jumped on by Ololade(her best friend)..."you could have just waited for me to reach where you were instead of jumping on me"she replied dusting her skirt, the weight of Ololade has sent her sprawling on the floor, which attracted giggles from others. "Sorry D, I was just so happy to see you after these long weeks, I missed my bestie you know... "She smirked "Happy New Year, and welcome to final year of high school!"she replied again.... Lade is kind of a sharp talker, well ,she had to deal with that if she wants to still remain friends,they've been friends for six years now,she ought to get that..."so where are you going now? "Lade asked, Dunni seemed to be going the wrong way... "Class of course"she turned to look at her... Thinking she must have gone loco because of holiday. "That's not the way, this is! " Lade said pointing to the corner of the hallway "that's right, we are in SS3 now, we are the bosses! "She yelled out. Keep your freaking voice down... I don't wanna get into trouble on my first day!... Dunni thought, she wished she could yell at Lade, but she might take it personal, so, she waved it off.
*********************************

The assembly ground was packed full with people, they had just finished the praise and worship,sang National anthem and we're waiting for the principal to address them.... He came in at last wearing his neatly ironed shirt and trousers, he looked nice, unlike last term, the holidays had done him much good... "Good morning students!"he greeted in his loud and clear voice which never needed a microphone, it was provided, but he shoved it off... "Good morning sir! "The students replied, the Juniors with glee, the seniors without interest "as you all know, the term has just begun..... " he continued to talk on and on and on... He urged them to Read hard and do other stuffs... He also advice the SS3 who had no interest in what he was saying.... "Alright, you all can go now"he said and left, the marching song was sang and everyone dispersed.
Class was normal, at least no one was bugging anyone... The government teacher entered the class, he was greeted. Ahh Government, a girls favorite topic.... What will the world ever do without it?... She thought... Notes were copied... Everything seemed normal until... "Who can tell me the meaning of the tern Habeas Corpus?" Asked Mr Adams, hands were raised, "umm, yes Dunni?"he said as he saw her hand was higher than everyone's "the term Habeas Corpus is an order for a detainee to be brought to court! " she replied grinning widely "wow, I must say.. I'm impressed, I haven't taught the, topic but you got it right!" He said giving her a thumbs up. Amara rolled her eyes"so what makes this one so special?, yeah, she got it does it mean?"she asked no one in particular "and you, what are you feeling like now, because you got his question right, so?..." She replied giving Dunni a nasty look... "Amara!, what's your problem?,be really careful in this class!" Mr Adams replied angrily "Sit down Dunni"he says to a dumbfounded Dunni, who found her seat and sat down, the whole class we're in giggles...
Yeah, Amara is always like that, she's kind of the oldest in class, so she talks to anyone anyhow, she has a pack, which the boys call "the pack of wolves"....Amara Chigozie is a very unruly person and rude to teachers too... She actually doesn't care, well money is taking, no one dares talk back at her, she's what I call a bully, or a maniac... Dunni can be tagged her "worst enemy "she just doesn't see why Dunni should be awarded not her!... It makes her feel bad.... And angry...
Class ended and Everyone was preparing for the next class.... Amara and her "pack" came over to Dunni, she was reading the constitution as always, Amara rolled her eyes "listen good! "She said as one of her girls closed the book Dunni was reading "this class won't contain us both, I promise you!" "But if I may ask, what did I do?"Dunni asked looking as innocent as ever "I don't care about you, just dey your side, no come my side at all...! " yeah, Amara seemed serious, you don't wanna mess with "Drama Queen" while she's serious!...
Dunni just starred at her as she walked away... It wasn't going to be easy, "this is going to be a long term"
She thought....