Chapter 2

She sat on the couch in the living room, deep in thought. She had no idea why Amara of all people will be on her neck, for heavens sake she was from a middle class family, what will a politician's daughter want with someone like her?. She looked into thin air, re-playing the words exactly "this school won't contain both of us!...just dey your side, no come my side at all!" That sent shrills to her... A programme was showing on Tv, "Frankly speaking", with Muyinwa Afolabi. She sat back down and watched with keen interest. "You are you, no one determines what you are or what you will become, you have your life to live, let no one bring you down!, always know, you can change your world, you can make an impact no matter how small or less you may think you are, you can be a change, that change the world needs... " those were the exact words he said. "You can be the change the world needs" she replayed in her head and wore on a big grin... She
was grinning so much she didn't know her parents and brother had been looking at her the whole time!. She had been so deep in thought that she forgot where she was. "Dunni, are you okay?" Her father who had been watching her for the several minutes he spent in the sitting room asked finally, thinking something was really wrong, because of the sudden grin "oh, good evening Papa,... Ummm... Nothing is wrong, the show just made me happy" she retorted as she took her seat on the dinning table. Prayers were said and they ate dinner, she indeed went to bed still wearing that grin.
*****************************
School was kind of normal the next day as everyone minded their own business, she was about entering class when.... "hello best friend!"..oh gosh it was lade!... She was fond of scaring and bumping into her. She looked nice, her well ironed uniform, her nicely plaited hair and also her shining as the moon stockings, capped up with her light complexion really made her the girl of every guys dreams, virtually, every guy... She just starred at her in wonder. "Hello, snap out of it girl!" Lade said flicking her fingers at her face. "Oh sorry, how are you bestie?" She asked trying to hide the fact that she was deep in thought "aha!, I got you!... By the way, I heard what Amara did to you yesterday and... " "wait, how come you heard?, you in the Science department for, heaven sake!" She retorted feeling somehow. Lade looked at her like she was crazy "are you in this school at all?,I can't believe you think anything that happens between the walls stays in the walls, it's all over the school!" Lade said looking furious "okay sugar Queen, why the face?"Dunni asked "it's because, you didn't tell me yourself.... I could have fought for you!, imagine my bestie been bullied... She said clenching her fists. "Hmm, I never knew a Doc could be able to throw a few punches talk less of taking down Amara of all people!"Dunni said laughing "laugh all you want girl, I can take her"Lade said, feeling like Ali... "Ehen, I have something to tell you"Dunni said looking around the hallway if someone was coming "you know my passion for law and all?"she asked "like I won't know, you all about Law Law Law LAW!!" Lade said rolling her eyes "fine, whatever, I want to start up a court in school" Dunni said grinning "A court?!"Lade said as if she had heard wrong "Yes, mainly for teens, you know all the drama always going on, they need a place to settle their matter and you will help me" she said "D, the thing is, you don't have permission yet, also... You know how this school can be, won't it be okay if you leave this for the councillor?" Lade asked concerned "True my friend, but they need more than that baby, some are shy to meet the councillor, okay take for example Dare and Tola who always fight.... We can help them and their relationship issh" she said "those two, very funny... Hmm... I'm in!" Lade says with an air of finality "yes!, now all we need to do is talk to the principal and the Government Teacher, things will be fine" she says "I'm solidly behind you, even though I have no idea what I'm going to be doing and the "LAW" thing... "I'll find something for you, but you are gonna accompany me to the people I just mentioned" "okay bestie, let's roll, and also, will there be a time we can sentence Amara?" Lade said with pleading eyes "you must really be having a bad time with her, forget Amara jare, let's roll"Dunni says. The bell rings for the assembly, everyone leaves.
Class was filled with people chattering and laughing.... It was free period, she just sat there, she didn't even take part in the discussions...
Yeah, she was considered a weirdo by most of her classmates, she doesn't do anything besides read "your teen life is wasting, why don't you do something with it, you'll soon be an adult and you have no time, why not enjoy now?" They always ask...she always hears others talking about their adventure, going or visiting new places... They talk about the famous restaurants in town like Dominos pizza, talk about hotels which their parents take them for like a vacation like Eko hotels and suites, Sheraton e.t. c.... She couldn't go to meet the people she wanted because, Lade wasn't on free period, she was having Biology... She just sank in her chair, heaved a sigh and dosed off...
"Dunni!" She was jolted from sleep by Lade who was shaking her furiously "what?" She said as she jumped up "Chill babe, I've gone to inform the principal about your meeting with him, he is calling on you and you don't want to keep Old Major waiting" she said bitting her lip. Oh how she loved Lade!.. .she was sticking out for her, so sweet of her...
"DUNNI!" Lade called again snapping her fingers at her "yes, let's go!"..."are you okay D?" Lade asked "Oh, very fine Ladz, very" she grinned. Lade just followed her in wonder... "I really hope this goes well, please God, help... " she prays....