Chapter 6

She was smiling broadly as she walked pass every class... Everyone kept wondering why. "How could she still be smiling after being summoned?" They asked themselves in hushed whispers. As she entered the class, everyone starred at her like she was a ghost... She looked at them awkwardly and simply sat on her chair. The bell rang and it was time to switch classes, the Commercial students left for accounting and the Art remained. Jimi was part of the commercial students, that explains why they don't talk much or have anything in common. She sometimes wished they were in the same class, she would have come out of her shell to finally talk to him without getting scared... She sometimes imagined what he was like, who he was actually, the fact that he was handsome didn't block her mind, she still wanted to know him more... Part of her did, she just couldn't explain it... She often wondered what it was like to talk to him in person,not do anything,just talk... She starred at him as he walked out the class, it was pretty obvious, because Obolo noticed "Hey" he said, she was brought back to reality "Hello Obo" she said "Omo you don look die!...nawa for you oo" he said in a thick Warri accent,she blushed "hmm" he said "I know you have a crush on him" he said smirking "Oh, come off it" she blushed "I can help" he said "Please, I really don't need help... Besides, it's not a.. Crush as you say it is" she said trying her best to conceal it "If you say so madam Lawyer"  he said corking an eyebrow "Yes, why do you want to help me?" She asked looking at him weirdly "Well, it's because I'm also a victim, and I want to show you how to curb it" he released "A victim you say?" She said looking more confused "Yes, I have a crush on Amara" he said looking at her "Ohh... " She said not knowing why he was telling her this, she looked at Amara who was busy with her Dolls, she was laughing, they must be planning something evil again "Hello" he called "Yes" she answered "I know you are surprised, but I do... It's been 3 years now... " He said looking down "But why are you telling me this?" She said "You seem to be a good person, since you'll be a lawyer someday... You must have good listening skills... " he smiled. He had broken her, he believes she would be a lawyer.. She was moved "Thank you Obolo" she said "No problem" he said "And please, my name is Oscar" he said just as he was about leaving "Wow, that's a really nice name" she said, she was surprised... "Yeah, only my crew knows my name, and you too..." He said smirking, he left... She had found a friend in him, she could feel it... She smiled within and heaved a sigh... The literature teacher came in,class started...
************************************
The class ended, she saw Lade in the hallway, this time, it was she that bumped into her, clearly she got the feeling for the first time how it was bumping into someone, it was wonderful "Hello!" She smiled, Lade sensed something fishy and just replied her greeting... After that, she asked "How did the meeting with the Principal go?" Dunni smiled "It was awesome!, I've gotten permission from both my Parents and The School!" She said hugging her and jumping... "That's good baby!" Lade said "Yes, I start on Friday!" She said "That's awesome, but speaking of school, the school doesn't know your plan" Lade said "Yeah" she said sighing.... Just then Jimi passed by them, "Hello" he said as he walked past them,"Hello Jimi" Lade said, Dunni's eyes followed him "Cut it out girl" Lade said rolling her eyes "What, me, no... Nothing " she said biting her lip "C'mon, you can't hide the fact you were starring, I saw you!" She said as she smirked "Stop!" Dunni said "Ehn, she likes Jimi , she likes Jimi!!" Lade said. She could really be a pain in the butt at times, that was one of the things that puts her off... Lade doesn't really have time for boys, they can't even come near her,they don't wanna be tongue lashed!... She only likes to tease and tease her, she derives joy doing so... "If I don't tease you best friend, who else will I tease?" She always asks.... Dunni always wished she could find out the boy she likes so as to tease her back... But no.... Lade has none and was not even planning to.... She was friends with Jimi, that explains why she could answer back to his greeting... She always wished she could summon courage to do so... "Okay, just stop!" She said giving her "the look"..."Okay, okay" Lade said raising her hands up... "That reminds me" Lade said tapping her lightly "What? " she asked "What will you be doing to the people who are guilty?" "Well, I don't really know, the Principal and I will discuss it" she replied "Eehn, you and Old Major don dey roll abi" she asked "Umm, kind of" Dunni replied... "Oshay" she said...
   Soon, the bell rang, it was for the emergency assembly, everyone came out if their classes, to line up on the assembly ground... They all asked themselves the "what's going on" question... Soon, the Principal climbed up the podium, this time, he used the microphone... "Good Afternoon students" he said "Good Afternoon sir!" Over six hundred throats chorused "Well, you all have been aware of the Drama going on now, yes, I'm talking about Miss Dunni Adewale... " He said,Amara grinned, she seemed satisfied, finally, the Principal has found a good opportunity to suspend her.... She folded her arms in pleasure... "Well, I must say, I've never seen a student with such potential, such determination, we are all aware that our Councillor Mr. James will soon be retired, there will be no one to counsel and settle matters, but our very own student has taught about the matter and has suggested a tangible solution... She has decided to start up a Court ...." He said feeling proud "Court?,how could this be?!" Amara asked her dolls, they all nodded their heads, not knowing what to do. The Prefects hushed the crowd, Jimi did to, being the Head boy and all... The Principal started after all the muffled sounds had died down "It is my pleasure to welcome to the stage, our very own Lawyer, Miss Dunni Adewale" He was interrupted by the screams of the students "Yeah, go Dunni!" Obolo shouted "Yeah!" his crew shouted also, she climbed the podium, this was more than she expected, she didn't think they'll even like the idea and that it would have been a huge task convincing them "She's strong, she's fierce, Gooooooo D!" Screamed Lade who had already organized the cheer leading team...."Thank you,thank you all" she said smiling "The Teens Court is going to be a Court for all and where we settle issues, I want you all to feel free to come in anytime, thank you once again" she said coming down... The cheerleading team caught her and threw her in the air "Ohh no no no!" She said as she flew up, coming down... She landed on the fat unsuspecting janitor everyone froze "Cheerleaders, my office immediately!" The Principal said angrily. Amara clenched her fists.... "Deliah, you did an awesome job" she said as they left...
The Janitor was rushed to the sick bay, everyone had dispersed "Are you okay D!" Lade said touching her.. "Damn, you were thrown badly!" Her brother retorted... He was angry and sad...Jimi came over "Dunni are you okay?" He asked concerned "Yeah fine" she replied Lade signalled Dehinde and they left... "You we're thrown really high" He said looking at her...Damn he had cute eyes!... "Hello, the Emergency assembly is over, leave that place now!" A teacher retorted as he slammed the door of the classroom he was teaching, Jimi smiled and helped her up... They strolled to class together "Are you sure you okay and didn't break something?" He asked seeing she was limping "I'm fine Jimi" she said, he opened the door to the class for her, as they entered, the Maths teacher looked at them "Take your seat" he said to them... Obolo looked at Dunni, he winked she waved it off...Amara wasn't comfortable, she thought Dunni would be hospitalized and not be able to start her "Court" on Friday... "I thought you said you carried it out!" She whispered to Deliah... "Yes I did" she replied "Then, how come!?" She said in frustration... "You know what, forget it!" She said, "I will succeed someday" she muttered....