Chapter 4

The night was cool and refreshing, she had just eaten dinner and done her homework... Sitting at the balcony of her house at her estate, her mind was far away... She replayed the events of the day. Sure, she understood clearly what the principal was trying to do, but she wasn't buying the idea... Something in her doesn't just want to give up... No... Not just yet... She started laughing "oh, that tickles!" She said thinking it was an inscect and slapping her legs... "Dunni, isn't that your phone ringing?" Her mother asked in Awe. She looked at her phone and her mum... Clearly, her mum was right, it was her phone "sorry ma" she said.... "Hmm, Dunni, you are acting strange ooo!" Her mum said taking her clothes to the washer. She picked up her phone to look at the number, it was Lade "Talk to me" she said sitting down "so, you can't pick your phone ehn?!" Lade asked "sorry girl" she said "Anyways, how are you?" "Well,I'm doing alright,you?" She asked "fine also,I hope you ain't thinking about what happened today,because I know you" Lade said "I'm fine, trust me" she said... She was so happy to have a friend like her, like what exactly would she do without her?... She was happy that at least someone cared about her, Lade had been more than a friend, she was like a mum a teenager needs to survive.... "Alright, I just wanted to know, don't think too much okay, it will be fine,just pray... Hard!" Lade said "okay ma!" She replied... "Yeah, goodnight" she said "Goodbye, thanks" Dunni retorted.
************************************
The bell rang and everyone dispersed for break, as usual, Dunni stayed in class doing nothing, just reading... She closed the book and decided on taking a walk. She dropped the book and dashed into the hallway, seeing no one in sight, she began her walk. She wasn't really the food type, unlike Lade who was a Foodie... She smiled as she walked, not knowing where she was going in particular... She hummed, feeling happy... Closing her eyes and walking to the rhythm, then... "BUMP!" Papers flying everywhere.... She couldn't believe it, she bumped into Jimi!... How sorry she was... "Oh, I'm... I'm really so sorry Jimi..." She said as she bent down to pick the fallen papers "no... It's okay, I'm fine... It wasn't intentional" he said also picking them up... How stupid she felt!, she couldn't imagine being clumsy to Jimi!.... She hated her nature terribly... He was so kind not to have shouted on her.. She deserved it... Picking up the papers, she continually casts a quick glance at him.... Oh how cute he was even in frustration!... She snapped out of it when she noticed he was looking at her in an awkward manner... "Is something wrong?" He asked looking awkwardly "No... Nothing" she said... "Shit!" She cursed between breaths... "Thanks for helping" he said smiling "I'm really so sorry..." She said. She didn't notice Amara walk by with her "Dolls" "well ,well, well... If it isn't miss clumsy" she said, which attracted giggles from her dolls.... "Amara, I don't have time, please" she said "Amara now!" Jimi said frowning "fine!, hmph!" She said walking away with her MANIACS following behind... "It's no big deal" Jimi replied and walked away. She heaved a sigh of relief and started her journey back to class, the break had ended.
************************************
As she entered the class, she found out everyone was in frenzy, dancing to the famous "Obolo"....
Obolo is a very talented kid... He knows how to bust moves and also sing songs... Fuji!... Ahh, that was his area of specialization!... He can sing that kind of music all day long... As soon as he and his "crew" spotted Dunni, they changed their song
"Omo, Lawyer sure pass oo
Na, law sure pass!... Oya hail madam Lawyer!!..."
They sang with glee... She was stunned, she laughed. Obolo drew her to the middle and started making some steps we can or could call dancing. "C'mon, dance na!" He said smiling "Obolo, leave me joor" she said smiling "just dance!" The whole class chanted, she could see Jimi also smiling "okay... But a little oo!" She said and started Dancing, the whole class also started dancing not caring, Science department just looked on, shaking their heads "bookworms"...
Amara and her dolls we're approaching, she spotted them dancing "urgh!" She muttered she signalled one of her dolls to go call the teacher... Soon "what the!" Shouted the C. R. S teacher as he spotted the whole class dancing "At this stage you are still behaving like children!" He said looking at them in disappointment...Amara just stood beside him... Grinning devilishly, they looked back at her with intense hate... They all knew what was coming, Mr. Sheyi wasn't a soft person, he would surely punish them, and that was the person "Drama Queen" decided on calling!... She seemed to be enjoying it all, Score one for her!...
The whole class was punished except Drama Queen and her Dolls, just then...."Miss Adewale, please report to the principal's office immediately" the speaker sounded, everyone turned to face her like she had just killed someone "urgh!"Amara retorted seeing her plans had failed... Eyes followed her till she left the class...

She had done nothing wrong why will the principal want to see her?... The only reason the principal will want to see her is maybe she did something wrong or for an important information, but what could it be, she wasn't in any of the most active groups in school... Or could it be... About the punishment? ... Or... The issue discussed yesterday?... No... It can't be, he already ruled it out. "I just hope I'm not in trouble" she said as she opened the door "Miss Dunni?" The secretary asked in her ever sweet voice "yes ma" she replied "Right this way" she said directing her... She got into the office and was shocked to meet the waiting eyes of the Principal, the Councillor and her Government teacher... They looked at her, she fidgeted and sat down on the already prepared seat, she swallowed hard. "Miss Dunni, I know you are probably wondering why I summoned you to my office" the Principal released after long minutes of starring at her "yes sir" she simply replied "well, without much ado, let me ease it up for you, it's about what we discussed yesterday" he said still maintaining the sharp gaze, he wasn't called "Old Major" for nothing. "Okay sir" she said again, her heart beating fast like it was going to explode... "You see my child, what you suggested is a very unique idea, a Court, even I with my gray hair and old age wouldn't have thought about" the councillor retorted. He always called the students his children, he had a lot of experience which made him stand out amongst all teachers of the school,he also sees "Old Major" as his son... A very wonderful man indeed!...
"Yes, it's true" the Government teacher chipped in. "The thing is, after I sent you and your friend away yesterday, I sat to think about this matter, to me, it sounded absurd, but if we look at the big picture, there is some sense in it. So, I decided to invite the councillor and the Government teacher for their contribution and, here we are" he said relaxing on his chair. Dunni was stunned, she couldn't believe the fact that her dream was almost a reality!. "Well?" The Principal said looking at her "Thank you so much sirs for calling me here, I really appreciate, I won't let you down... " She was cut short by the councillor "Yes, we are willing to give it a try, you will start your.... What's the name again..? " he asked "Teens Court" Mr Adams aided "Aha, Teens Court, but... You will make sure it doesn't affect your studies, at the end of this term, your Mock Exam must be okay ooo!" He sounded a slight warning "Also, you will have to be holding it every Friday during sports period... The class down the hallway will be given to you, set it up and make sure... There be no noise and bedlam!". Old Major warned... "Also, you must do everything possible to round up before your WAEC" Mr Adams said...
"Thank you sir, I will do my possible best!" She said "You are to bring your parents to school tomorrow, we need to talk... And Miss Adewale, Remember.... WE ARE WATCHING EVERYTHING YOU DO" the Principal said. "Thank you so much sirs!, I'm really grateful, thank you, I won't let you down... " She says grinning broadly "If we see you can't handle it, you'll have to stop" the Principal said looking at her sternly "Yes sir, thank you!" She said as she left.
She bumped into Lade at the hallway
"How was Old Major's office" she asked look at her eagerly ,Dunni just screamed "Hello, get out of there, I'm having a class!" Miss Onyeka the Bookkeeping Teacher retorted angrily. Dunni dragged her to another place "I've been granted permission!" She said jumping, the juniors passing bye looked at her weirdly, she didn't care "Really, I'm so happy for you D!!" Lade screamed with Joy."yes, I'm gonna bring my parents tomorrow, I'm so happy!" She said "Me too D!" She said "Thanks" she retorted "For what?" Lade asked "for sticking out for me" Dunni said "That, see forget that, you welcome always" Lade said hugging her as they strolled to class happily. She looked up "And thank you too... " She said smiling, things were looking up, she could feel it....