chapter six - leaving

I am immensely sorry <3

| chapter six - leaving |

__________________

HIS EYES WERE THE most captivating things I had ever seen in my life. They were blue and dark, framed with long thick lashes. His gaze pierced mine and I could see the tiny flecks of yellow dancing every time he would blink. It was all happening so fast and I knew soon enough that my heart was going to beat out of my chest.

It was hard to miss the fury swirling behind his hooded lids, but I could tell by the scowl his angular face was wearing that he was mad. My eyes didn't leave his for what felt like an eternity. It was a weird feeling I was experiencing just by looking into his eyes, and I wasn't too sure whether I liked it or hated it. Every time he blinked, I blinked right after him. I wouldn't dare to miss the way his eyes closed and his lengthy lashes fanned his cheeks. I  stared at him for just under a minute, and then my eyes took their time travelling all the way down to study the rest of his face.

I completely and blatantly checked him out.

 Flickering from his slightly crooked nose, to his dark eyebrows, then back to his eyes. I didn't even know where to start. All I knew was that I was shamelessly staring. My eyes followed far enough to notice the little scars he had in his cheeks. A slight stubble was there, but nothing too major. I realized that Xaleb didn't look like the scary monster I had thought him to be from outside. If anything, he couldn't have been much older than me. 

His jaw structure was so defined that it had my insides melting and my heart beating rapidly. I told myself right then and there that before his knife had a chance to kill me, his looks would. 

The thing that caught my attention the most, was the small, silver rod Xaleb had pierced through his right eyebrow. It stuck out against his face only adding to his dark, mysterious appeal . His piercing was hidden behind an onyx curl that had fallen onto his forehead after he removed his hood. His dark-brown, almost black hair was messily tamed in a heap of thick waves on top of his head.

  Of course he had dark hair and a piercing up there. I mean, why wouldn't he?

Why did piercings have to be so hot? 

Xaleb didn't seem to mind my staring because personally, I don't think he even noticed. My gaze met up back with his and I knew that things would be different. I knew that after tonight, things were going to change. I was going to change. I didn't know what he was going to do, but I was going to have to accept it anyways. I mean, he could have killed me by now but he hasn't. That's got to mean something right?

Distracted from my thoughts, I felt Xaleb's eyes drilling holes into my flushed cheeks.

Dammit. Why was I blushing.

My embarrassment grew as I watched Xaleb break our eye contact for a split second.  The tension between us was excruciating and I started to feel uncomfortable in his presence. Xaleb looked to be in deep in thought as he focused on what seemed to be my open window. Whatever storm brewing in his sadistic head settled as I watched him raise a hand to fix his hood. Our small moment of silence didn't mean anything to him, but it only frightened me further. Xaleb's eyes wandered back to me and I didn't even flinch when he gave me a heart-stopping grin.

"Ready to talk now?" he asked. 

I slowly nodded at his question feeling my mouth go dry.