9

18:12

I rock back and forth on my heels as I wait patiently for my best friend to open her door. I shift my bag up on my shoulders and scratch the back of my head as I begin to become a little impatient. Until finally, the door swings open and my raven haired friend opens the door with her hazel eyes full of excitement.

"Maddi!" Ally squeals slightly as she greets me with a small hug and quickly summons me into her small apartment. "God, you took fucking ages." She groans.

"My train was delayed." I huff. "But I'm here now." I grin at her and throw my bag next to me as I sit on the sofa.

"Yes you are." She grins and sits next to me. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." I chuckle at her uncharacteristic kindness.

"Alright, enough soppy shit." She waves her hand in dismissal. "I have a weekend of no classes and I get to spend an entire day with you, so what do you want to do?"

"Uh...I don't mind. What is there to do here?" I ask her. Even though I've lived in London all my life, London is a rather large place and I've never been to this part of it before.

"Literally, nothing." She groans. "But me and Hayley found this cute indie bar that I think you would like. Do you wanna go there?" She asks eagerly.

"Yeah, sure." I smile. "So, tell me what you've been getting up to." I lean back in the sofa and listen intently to her.

20:03

"Are you sure I'm going to like it here?" I ask her again as we walk towards the loud bar, voices being heard from out on the street.

"Yeah, they have live music all the time and there's this cute bar tender too." She says and I stop walking to face her, instantly knowing what she's up to.

"You're only here for the bar tender, aren't you?" I question her, knowing full well that I'm correct.

She bites her lip and looks away from me, her hazel eyes glimmering with guilt.

"I knew it." I roll my eyes playfully at her and walk ahead of her.

"But I promise you'll like it too!" She calls from behind me as I open the door and walk into the bar that actually appeals to me.

The walls are painted a cream colour and all the furniture is a warm brown. The bar has an atmosphere that entices me with the loud chattering of customers and the soft music playing in the background.

"Come on, make me look good." Ally says as she leads me towards the bar and leans against the counter. "We'll both have a sex on the beach, please." She seductively says to the bar tender.

"Actually, I don't like them that much-"

Ally turns to face me with a warning look which honestly scares me, so I hold my hands up in surrender and don't speak. I take a look at the bar tender to see that he has brown hair which coordinates with his brown skin. All these years of being Ally's best friend, and I'm yet to see her be interested in any white guys.

"Here you go, ladies." The bar tender slides the two drinks in front of us after making them in a rather impressive way.

"Thanks, Alex." She wraps her lips around the straw in her drink and sucks whilst maintaining eye contact.

I cringe and look away from the two, taking a sip of my drink and looking towards the small stage where there seems to be someone setting up. I watch as the artist sits on a stool and adjusts the microphone before speaking into it, the dim lighting making it difficult to see the persons face until a spotlight turns on and illuminates all the features of the performer.