28/05/15

28/05/15

12:28

I pick up my bag and place it on top of the sofa, where I slept last night. I take out everything so that I can repack it, but something catches my attention.

A small piece of card falls out from between my few books that I brought with me, including the one I bought yesterday. First, I pick up the new book and smile whilst I think about Brad paying the rest of the money. That was such a kind thing to do, I'm not used to that type of behaviour around me. Usually, boys attempt to impress me rather than showing any sense of kindness.

Next, I pick up the piece of card and nibble at my lip as my eyes scan over the picture of the graffiti with the word 'Birmingham' over it. I wonder what he's doing now. Is he already home? Is he with friends? I did enjoy spending time with him.

I shake my head and try to ignore the tingle in my lips from the memories of last night as I pack my bag and get myself ready.

14:43

"Oh, you're awake!" I greet Ally as she finally walks into the kitchen of her apartment.

Her hair is up on the top of her head in what might be described as a bun if it didn't have half of it hanging out on top of her head. She's in the clothes she always used to tell me were her 'hangover clothes' and not a trace of makeup is present on her olive skin.

"Shut the fuck up." She curses, her voice hoarse.

"Lovely." I smile. "You know I have to leave in half an hour, right?" I remind her.

She stops what she's doing and looks at her phone before looking at me.

"Why didn't you wake me?" She groans and shuffles over to me.

"I didn't want to go back to Birmingham with a black eye." I laugh and stand up from the sofa when she reaches me.

She pulls me into a hug, the smell of alcohol and sweat very prominent on her body.

"You need to shower." I tell her when we pull away from the hug.

"Shut up, I'm going to miss you." She says.

"I'll miss you too, but you're coming to see me in three weeks, it isn't that long." I shrug with a smile. I love it when she's cute with me and I can hold it against her.

"I know." She huffs and walks back to the kitchen. "I'm going to take some drugs and then we're going to talk about that boy until you have to leave." She informs me as she reaches up into the cupboards.

"Really?" I whine.

"Yes." She says flatly and takes her pills.

13:20

I text Ally to tell her that I'm at the train station, before walking to the digital boards and cranking my neck up just to view the timetable of trains. Thankfully, my train is only a few minutes behind this time, meaning I'll only have to wait five minutes. That makes a nice change from three hours.

I go to platform two and make my way through the many people waiting for the train. I find myself a quiet spot and lean against the wall as I wait for the train to come.

Suddenly, I feel an arm on my shoulder and I look up quickly, a little scared until I see those brown eyes. How is this possible? You have to be kidding me.

"What the-"

"My train was delayed." He tells me. "I was pissed off at first, but now that I know the reason why, I'm not really that bothered anymore." He grins.

"I swear, if you mention-"

"It's almost like fate." He interrupts me with a knowing grin that makes me laugh.

"I can't believe this." I shake my head at him as the train pulls up beside us.

"Well, we've got a train to catch." He nods his head towards the train as the doors open and the passengers begin to board.

• • •

The end.

Hope you liked this little story, I love doing them. This is definitely my favourite. The next one I do probably won't be a fanfic, but be on the lookout for it anyways!!