Tsuna's Survival Rules

The morning after she was recruited into the Disciplinary Committee, Tsuna was awoken by a giant green hammer. Letting out a high pitched squeak of pain as she crashed to the floor, Tsuna was quick to get up and survey her room for the object that caused her pain.

It didn't take her long to finally have her eyes adjust and spot the child sitting at the table of her room. Strange thing was that there was no hammer, just the chameleon that the child kept on his hat.

Tsuna was confused though, today was a day off from school, something about a teachers meeting. So why was this child waking her up without a reason? She got her answer in a very abrupt way when the child flung a parchment at her face. On it held what looked like a family tree, with her 'name' at the bottom. A moment later without prompt, the child started to both introduce himself again and explain what the parchment meant.

He was a hitman named Reborn, the #1 hitman to be exact, and Tsuna was to be the upcoming boss of a very well-to-do mafia family, again #1 mafia family, the Vongola Family. Now, knowing Tsuna's reputation from all of the data he received from Tsuna's father, Reborn was ready for Tsuna to act up and start shrieking. But she didn't, Tsuna didn't freak out about this information that had been presented to her, This made Reborn curious. After all, he had been told of Tsuna's timid nature.

What Reborn didn't know was that Tsuna was fighting an internal battle. Should she tell Reborn that she had taken him seriously when he first showed up? Or should she freak out like normal even though it would go against her rules.

She chose the first option, seeing as how she would have to tell him her rules anyway.

"This doesn't surprise me, I'd payed attention when you first got here. It's kind of a personal rule of mine not to freak out about the same thing twice."

This got Reborn thinking, she had laughed at what she thought was a child's prank when they first met, when did she freak out about the information that he gave her?

This was answered by Tsuna, I had a hard time keeping it in until I got far enough away from the house so Okaa-san wouldnt hear me, its another personal rule of mine, Dont cause any worry for Okaa-san.

And it was said again, 'personal rule', this caught Reborns attention.

"What do you mean by 'personal rules? Why would you need something like that?"

Tsuna had expected him to ask, just not this soon, so she prepared herself and gave him his answer.

"I have personal rules to ensure my safety, both physically and mentally, I'm used to being on my own and being bullied so I kind of had to make some up."

She then got up and headed for her desk, opened the drawer, and took out a board with several rules on it.

"Rule Number One, Do NOT make mother worry more then she needs to about me.

Rule Number Two, Do NOT freak out over the same thing more than once.

Rule Number Three, Unless it can be avoided, Do NOT draw unnecessary attention.

Last Rule Number Four, Do NOT take to much offense to what people say or do that involves me, I understand myself better than anyone, even I know that I would break if I payed attention to every comment someone threw at me like knives.

This had Reborn silent, silent and very thoughtful, how did this child, this CHILD, come up with such adult rules of restriction, and WHY?

It was a question that took up his thoughts even after diner and into the night.