one

Jasmine's POV

For some reason, bright and early 7AM on a Saturday- I was wide awake. Might have something to do with my insomnia and the crazy amount of coffee I drink before bed, but I hadn't slept at all that night. Conveniently, my chemistry midterm was Monday morning.

I rolled myself out of bed, leaving my computer behind me and jogging down the stairs- only to see my dad with a spoon in one hand his phone in another- eating a bowl of cereal. I just chuckled. He was dressed in his black and magenta, Minnie Mouse scrubs. "Daddy, can I come to work with you today?" I asked on my tippie toes. "Don't you have plans with Ayana or something?" He asked taking another spoonful of oatmeal.

I just scoffed. "No."
"Fine," he sighed. "But your lazy ass actually has to help this time. No sitting around."

"No sitting around." I agreed swiftly, running back up the stairs to get dressed.

•••

We reached the hospital along with the others. of course I was carrying all my fathers stuff. Surprisingly his masculinity is strong enough to handle being a single black father and male nurse, but not strong enough to carry a bag slightly resembling a purse.

"Jazz!" All the nurses exclaimed, all their eyes shot to me. "What a surprise! Your so big now!" Nurse Macy exclaimed and I chuckled.

"She's so beautiful!" They said coming up to touch me, which I didn't love but my dad was working from six in the morning to midnight to provide for me. So I sacrificed.

"I came to help you guys out" i smiled. "Awe, thanks Hun. Just take that breakfast cart rooms 202-230." She instructed and I nodded, parting with my father and pushing the cart down the empty hallway.

Since it was so early in the morning only nurses and doctors were walking around, and expectant mothers. The walls and floors were bright white, and the entire building was so sanitary it was kind of annoying.

Once I found myself at room 202, i parked the car on the side and picked up one tray before slowly knocking on the door before turning it open.

I saw a boy with bright hair, in the hospital bed, with his leg propped up in a cast, and a couple broken fingers. He was talking to a blonde boy seated in one of the couches.

Their conversation cut of abruptly once I entered the room. "Hi." I smiled awkwardly trying to defuse the tension. I leaned over him to place his food on the slidey bed table thing.

"Aren't you a little young to be a nurse?" The blonde asked, not even discreetly checking out my ass.

"Luke, don't be rude." The injured boy spoke up. I spun on my heel and glared at "Luke", giving him a fake smile before leaving their room.

"Bro, she's kinda hot."