nine

schools kicking my ass

Jasmine's POV

I ended up sleeping over at Michael's house that night, since the buses stopped running and I was just to tired to even call a cab.

I woke up to green eyes looking down on me. My eyes fluttered open, and I rubbed them immediately before placing my hand down on Michael's rising chest. "Oh hey, you're awake." He scratched his head, acting as if I didn't just see him watching me sleep.

I just nodded and hummed in response. "Want some breakfast? Another voice asked and I opened my eyes to see all of Michael's friends, except Luke, sitting in surrounding chairs. Were they all watching me?

"Uh.." I checked the time on my phone. "I should get going" I told them. "Oh okay. Well, Calum was just leaving - he could drive you" Michael said. To be honest I didn't want to take the bus, but I didn't want to be a bother to him.

"Yeah" Calum hopped out of his chair, and began walking towards his coat. I shrugged, grabbing my backpack off the floor. I leaned over the chair again, just when calum was leaving and sneaked a surprise kiss onto Michael's lips.

His left arm rested on my waist, but I suddenly pulled away from the boy leaving him craving more. Michael's lips were gaped open, and a smile tugged on his lips. I smirked at him, before whipping my hair around and walking away.

"Calum" stood outside, and giggled once I walked out. "He isn't gonna shut up now" he whined and I just smiled. As soon as I stepped into the car, I heard 3 distant yells of joy. Calum gave me a 'told you' look and I giggled.

We began to drive and beside the occasional instruction, Calum and I didn't talk much.

"So, how did you meet Mikey?"

"Oh, at the hospital" I shrugged. "I was helping out"

"How old are you?" Calum turned his head to face me briefly. "18" I answered and he nodded. Another silence fell over us, I twisted the gold ring around my gold finger - anxiously searching my mind for a question to ask the kiwi boy, but he beat me to it. "M-Michael really likes you" Calum informed me, and i held in a smile. "I like him too" I replied. 

-

Calum dropped me at my aunts apartment building, I thanked him before entering the building and taking the elevator up to her loft. "Hey, Jazzy!" they greeted me simultaneously - immediately I knew something was wrong. "What's going on?" I asked slowly, setting my bag down on the floor, and making my way over to where the two sat. I crossed my legs on the plush couch and watched as my father wiped  his hands onto his jeans. 

"Listen, Jaz. You know I love you very much, and I've made a lot of sacrifices for you that alot of fathers wouldn't have, and this is just one of them" I furrowed my eyebrows at my dad. "What are you trying to say?"

"I can't take care of you anymore." 

My heart sunk along with my smile, a pit of anxiety formed in my stomach.

"I love you more than anything. Jazzy you are my sunshine, and I would do anything for you - you will forever be my number one priority, and that's why I'm doing this. I can't keep pulling you out of school, I can't keep making you work, I can't keep letting you struggle."

"I can handle it!" I protested but he just shook his head. "You're a child, and you deserve so much better. I want you to quit your job, and stay with Aunty Jaya and we'll enroll you in a nice private school near here. I'm going to get an apartment closer to the hospital for work - and just focus on that, maybe get a few extra jobs." He shrugged smiling, before standing up and sitting down next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head on his shoulder and we shed a tear. 

This wasn't just my dad leaving - it was my life. All my friends, my family, Michael. Maybe no Trevor - but I'm no longer sure if this was any better.