Goodbye

05/12/12

Dear Jack,

Looking back I wondered if I would have done anything different. Would I have given myself so fully to his folly? Should I have fought his pull with more vigor and run way before everything turned to ashes? Maybe I should have. Maybe we burned too brightly and were always meant to end this way. I will always wonder. But one thing I know for sure and that is that I will never be able to love anyone like I did him. Forever I will live in fear of the word 'love'. And forever I will run away from this man. This man that was able to touch something deep inside my soul and who ultimately broke me-never to be mended. I know that by reading this letter you might think that I am just running away but I am too weak to stay and relive the pains that he put me through. I know that you might have an idea of what went through and I understand your fear that if I run away I might never come back. But please understand my need to go away. You are the only person who might understand what I might be going through. Again thank you for the help you have given me through this difficult period. It could have been equally as dangerous for you. I also understand your persistence in me seeing Dr.Stinger but I don't think that is what I need right now. I hope that we could have met in a better situation. I am truly grateful for all the help that you have given me.

Ps: By the time that you would have read this letter I will be already gone.

Thank you and goodbye,

Melanie