The Cherade Begins

A/N: (N/n) means nickname. It can just be your name or your name shortened followed by the honorific 'chan' if you'd like. It's simple and easy to remember. BTW, if you have any suggestions about what you want to happen in the story, feel free!

                                ~Smiley :)

{Reader POV}

     Yukino and I walked into the guild hall, arms linked together. A few people stared at us in awe. I don't blame them. If I saw two BFFs suddenly act as if they're a couple, I would be surprised too.  

    We took a seat at a booth, sitting beside each other. "How should we start off, (name)?" The celestial wizard asked. I thought for a moment. "How about I put my arm around you, and we have a conversation?" I whisper,  slightly unsure. She nodded, and I proceeded to put my arm over her shoulders. 

     "So, Yuki-chan, what do you want to do today?" I questioned. Yukino thought for a moment. "I'm fine just hanging out here, at the guild. After all, I really just want to hang out with you..."A light blush adorned her cheeks, which was definitely a plus acting wise. "Are you blushing? It makes you look adorable." I teased. She blushed a little more, and pouted a little.

    "Don't be such a tease (N/n)! It's embarrassing!" The light blue haired girl complained. I smirked a little. "But Yuki-chan, you look cute when you're embarrassed! How can I not tease you?" I argued. Yukino sighed. "Why can't I ever make you blush?" she queried.  I smirked a little more. "Because I'm not as shy as you." I answered. 

     I looked towards the bar, where Sting, Rogue, and Minerva were. They were staring at us, wide eyed, and a slight glare on Minerva's part. I turned back to Yukino. "It seems to be working." I informed. She nodded. "I noticed. It looks like they're coming over." She replied. I looked back up to see the three of them were almost at out table. "Hey Guys. What's up?" I greeted, a smile on my face. 

    "I think we should be asking you guys that." Sting countered. Yukino and I had sheepish looks on our faces. "W-well, you see, we kinda are a thing right now..." I admitted, though it wasn't true. On the inside I was smiling evilly, like a villain. But it's just a hoax. Not a masked murder.  "Sooo, You're dating?" Rogue questioned. Yukino nodded. "Y-yeah. We are dating now." 

      Our three friends looked at us, as if we were some foreign object they had never seen before. After about two minutes of awkward silence, Minerva spoke up. "So, you go on dates and kiss each other?" The two of us nodded. We had to keep this up if we wanted our plan to work. "Alright. Then kiss." The territory mage commanded. 

      Yukino and I blushed. We never thought we would have to kiss each other. Then again, it is kinda cliché. I shared a look with Yukino, my eyes darting to her lips. "Okay. Then we'll kiss." I complied. The celestial mage nodded, and we both leaned in. We closed our eyes, and our lips collided. 

    The kiss was short and sweet, a simple peck on the lips. It needed to be nothing more, and we didn't exactly need to put any emotion into it either. But I'm not gonna lie. I liked it. Both our cheeks were tinted pink, and our friends were staring at us again. We just kinda stared back, as if it were a contest. 

     Sting, being the least focused and having the fewest brains out of all of us, was the first to blink. "Sting, you lose." I said, not losing my stare. Then everyone just gave me this look. I smirked. "You all blinked, I won." I proclaimed. "Um. We weren't playing a game..." Minerva informed, dumbfounded. 

     I rolled my eyes. "I know. It's just that we were all staring at each other awkwardly, so I thought of it as a contest to make it feel less awkward to me." I explained. The blonde guild master shrugged his shoulders. "Works for me." Sting said. The rest agreed, and went back to our previous conversation. 

    "So, have you guys gone on a date yet?" Rogue inquired. "No. We haven't actually..." Yukino confessed. That technically wasn't a lie. The shadow dragon slayer smirked. "How about you go on a date tonight!" His blonde partner insisted.

     I looked at Yukino, asking for an answer. "Sure. Why not? It  sounds like fun to me!" She agreed. Minerva clapped her hands together, in a way that reminded me of Mirajane. "It's settled then! Yukino and (name) will go on a date together tonight! I'll help (name) get ready, since I know she's terrible with girly stuff." She decided.

    I pouted a little. "What do you mean, I'm 'terrible with girly stuff'?" I questioned, feeling somewhat annoyed. "(N/n), did I or did I not pick out your clothes today?" My 'girlfriend' recalled. I looked away, blushing out of embarrassment. "Okay. I'll go get ready with Minerva. Do you wanna meet up in front of the guild hall at 5:30? It's about noon now." I proposed.

    Yuki-chan agreed to these terms, and I began to think about what we should do. Then, I remembered something. It was Saturday, and there's something we love to do, with a special event on this day. Well, I can't wait to go on a 'date' with Yukino!