The Date (Part 2)~Karaoke Queens

I'm so sorry for late updates! Since school has started, that' s been more of a priority for me. OH, and don't play the song until you are told! Anyways! Here's the next chapter! Enjoy...

       ~Smiley!

       (Name) lead Yukino through the streets of town, an excited smile on her face. It was admittedly hard for her to keep herself from running down the street in excitement. The celestial mage was curious of what her fake girlfriend had planned, but knowing her it should be fun. They soon arrived at their destination, and Yukino could see why the devil slayer was so excited.

      It was Saturday, and (name) had brought her to the best Karaoke bar in town. T The one that's famous for the Saturday night duet competition. "So, Yuki-chan, do you like it?" The (H/c) haired teen questioned. Yukino gave her the biggest smile, and uncharacteristically gave her a huge hug. "This is awesome (N/n)! We are so gonna dominate at karaoke!" She exclaimed. (Name) smiled, and hugged her back. When they separated, they went into the bar.

       The walls were black, but everything was decorated with bright, almost neon colours. There were quite a few people, which was expected for a Saturday. There was an almost circular stage, with two steps leading up to it. A bar was at the left side of the room, which is where the pretend couple seated themselves.

      Yukino and (name) started from the sidelines, drinking chocolate milk. Their preference to alcohol when they want to remember what they did that night. But soon, the Sabertooth mages joined in the competition, and were instantly a hit. But as the (e/c) eyed girl looked around the bar, she noticed a group of people come in.

    She tapped her fake girlfriend on the shoulder, and whispered something in her ear. "Yuki-chan. Look who's here to spy on us." The baby blue haired teen looked towards the front doors, seeing their friends from Sabertooth. She sighed, yet a smile was on her face. "You think they'll challenge us?"

    Before (name) could reply, the announcer began to speak. "Does anyone else want to challenge this week's Karaoke queens?" Minerva said something to Rogue, and the two approached the stage. "We'd like to challenge them." The territory mage said. She and Rogue sang together, and were actually pretty good.

     (Name) raised an eyebrow, the devil slayer trying to figure out what the hell they were up to. The two were actually good singers, too. When they finished, they got quite a bit of applause. Rogue remained monotonous while the (h/c) haired girl's crush smirked. So that's it. They're trying to make us jealous too. Or at least my lovely Minerva is. I love her singing voice too! She thought.

     "Hey (n/n), it's our turn. We're doing Miss Missing You right?" Yukino questioned her fake girlfriend. "Yeah. Let's start!" The fire mage replied. The two girls went up to the mics, and when their music played began to sing.

(A/n: you will be bold, Yukino will be italic, both will be bold italic. I don't own the song.)

Don't, panic
No, not yet
I know I'm the one you want forget
Cue all the love to leave my heart
It's time for me to fall apart

Now you're gone
But I'll be okay
Your hot whiskey eyes
Have fanned the flames
Maybe I'll burn a little brighter tonight
Let the fire breathe me back to life

Baby, you were my picket fence
I miss Missing you now and then
Chlorine kissed summer skin
I miss Missing you now and then
Sometimes before it gets better
The darkness gets bigger
The person you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger
Oh
We're fading fast
I miss Missing you now and then

Making eyes at this husk around my heart
I see through you when we're sitting in the dark
So give me your filth
Make it rough
Let me let me trash your love

I will sing to you every day
If it will take away the pain
Oh and I've heard you got it, got it so bad
'Cause I am the best you'll never have

Baby, you were my picket fence
I miss Missing you now and then
Chlorine kissed summer skin
I miss Missing you now and then
Sometimes it gets better
The darkness gets bigger
The person you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger
Oh
We're fading fast
I miss Missing you now and then
Oh

Now and then
Now and then
Now and then

Baby, you were my picket fence
I miss missing you now and then.

     Yukino finished off the song, and the crowd erupted in applause. Their friends from Sabertooth however were speechless. Rufus said something about committing their performance to memory, Orga was just pointlessly babbling and unable to find actual words, and Sting just stood there with a mesmerized expression.

     (Name) smirked. They didn't know they could sing, though Rogue did because he walked in on them once. "And the winners are the queens, Yukino and (Name)! Does anyone else want to challenge our champions?" The announcer queried. When no one replied, he proceeded to declare the two girls the winners of the duet contest.

   (Name) hugged Yukino quickly, and pecked the slightly shorter girl on the cheek. She blushed at her fake girlfriend's actions, confused about why she did it at first but then dismissed it as acting because their friends were there. They got these matching silver crowns, that were obviously plastic. The two girls' even got a photo taken!

      After eating at the karaoke bar, (Name) took Yukino for a moonlit stroll through their local park, still wearing the plastic crowns. They talked about whatever came to mind, and simply enjoyed each others company. Of course, their friends followed them. It was easy to say it was one of the best nights of the celestial mage and devil slayer's lives.