Chapter 6

Your friend was gone. You were all alone once again, resuming your job of unpacking. It was a relief (BF/N) insisted on helping you unpack as much as she could while she was here because you had a lot of stuff. Now you only have a day-and-a-half of work to do.

Besides where to put your stuff, your thoughts were dedicated to Mark. You wondered what time it was five minutes after you had checked the time. You wanted lunch time to come quick, but it seemed like time was moving extremely too slow for your liking. You sighed and plopped down onto the couch previously covered in your personal items.

You promised yourself you'd thank (BF/N) the next time you seen her.

Sliding your phone out of your pocket you grab your mobile device.
Maybe you should text him- No, no, you couldn't... It was only 10:30 in morning. Besides, you had no idea if he was busy, or even still asleep.

So, you sat there idly.

What are you doing, you wondered. You should be doing something productive like resuming your unpacking.

But you didn't. You just sat there

What was the point of this? This is idiotic.

Wait.

"Alexa."

A ping sound was heard after you called.

"Call 'Mark'."

Why have you not thought of this? You couldn't possibly meet Mark at the restaurant from yesterday. You had no idea where you were going. The crowd of people on the streets was too much for you to handle. You needed Mark to guide you.

"Hello?"

Speaking of the devil, Mark's buttery voice, downgraded from the phone's naturally horrible quality, protruded your thoughts.

"H-hey, it's (Y/N)!"

"Oh, hi (Y/N)! What's going on?"

"Um, I was wondering if we could meet at the front of my home before we go to lunch this afternoon..."

You trailed and paused for a moment, trying to think of a good excuse. Mark seemed to know you weren't finished speaking so he stayed silent and waited.

"...I, uh, wanna know a good way to go from my apartment..."

Not quite your best but it will have to do.

"Sure! That's no problem at all."

"Are you sure? If it's inconvenient for you I can just-"

"(Y/N), it's really not a issue for me. Relax... If it was inconvenient I'd let you know, okay?"

The soothing calmness within his voice eased your mind. You softly sighed.

"Okay, Mark. I trust you."

"So... I'll see you at 12:00 in front of your place?"

"Yep. 12:00 at my place."

"Alright then. I'll see you later."

You both exchanged goodbye's and soon you hung up. With that fact at ease and having heard Mark's voice, you decided to get up and finish the unpacking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You did it.

You finally finished packing.

A great sense of accomplishment washed over you knowing your house was no longer an unorganized mess. Now all you had to do was take a shower and get dressed for lunch.

"Alexa"

The machine responded with a ping, awaiting your request.

"What time is it?"

"It is 12:19 PM"

You froze.

Oh shit.

You quickly ran into your room and threw on some clothes and put your hair in a messy bun. You hurridly brushed your teeth and washed your face before sprinting to the front door. You swung the door open and closed it behind you, fiddling with your keys to lock the door. You turn around.

"Did you forget our date?"

You froze. His voice was an inch from you. You jolted and yelped.

"S-sorry, I didn't see you there..."

He had a confused look on his face for a split second but soon chuckles.

"I get that. Sometimes I get so lost in my thoughts that I don't see things in plain sight."

What? Was he patronizing you?

Oh right.

He still doesn't know you're blind.

You nervously giggle with him and then remember you were 20 minutes late to meet him outside.

"Listen, I'm really sorry I was late. I was finishing up my unpacking and I just lost track of time-"

Before you could finish, he placed his strong hand gently on your shoulder.

"Why don't you tell me about your unpacking while we walk, okay (Y/N)?"

You could almost feel his genuine smile without even looking up at him. His soft gaze casts on you as he patiently waits for your response. You nod and nervously smile.

"Right, right. Let's get going then."

With that, Mark took your hand and led you down the stairs of your apartment and gripped onto it as you both began your journey to the café.

((Hey guys! I know its been awhile but I finally finished the chapter! I hope you all enjoy. I'll try my hardest to get the next chapter out quicker next time. Until then, enjoy!))