Chapter 7

The two of you have been going to lunch together for a year and today is the anniversary of the day you first met. You want do something special instead of your standard lunch with Mark. As your mind racks about how to make this time truly great, there is a sudden ring. It's the phone and you have an idea on who you might think it is.

"Alexa, answer the phone." After a moment, a familiar voice rung out.

"Hellooooooo, (Y/n)!"

You turn out to be correct. The mysterious calling stranger is none other than Mark.

"Hey, Mark! What's up?"

"Ah, planning our- stuff."

Looks like Mark beat you to your special anniversary surprise.

"'Stuff'? Oh my, what ever could that be?"

"What? Did I really say that? I could've sworn I said, 'I'm just checking up on a friend before our lunch'."

You decide to play along.

"Hm, maybe I was hearing things..."

"Maybe you need a hearing aid."

"Excuse me, Fischbach. There is nothing wrong with my hearing."

"Haha! I beg to differ, my friend. So, we still on for lunch today? "

"You know it!"

"Great! I'll see you then. Buh-bye, (Y/n)! "

"Bye...!"

You soon hang up and sigh softly.

"Alexa, what's the time?"

"It is 10:29 A.M."

The lunch is at 12:30 as usual. Just enough time to spruce yourself up to look extra nice. Mark doesn't even have to tell you to dress nicely because you already have a feeling that this afternoon is gonna be special.

You walk into your room and pick through your closet. You look for something nice, but not too fancy. A certain dress catches your attention as you feel it's soft material. You love this particular dress because it's comfortable to be in and it fits nicely on your frame. You also have a hunch that Mark will like it too. After picking out a pair of shoes and accessories to match, you place your outfit on the bed and get yourself ready for a shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The feeling of suds tangled within your (h/l), (h/c) hair calms you as you run your fingers through your wet locks. Echoes of your sweet humming fills the bathroom, seemingly humming back to you a bit. The sound of the water beating down on the tile beneath your feet sends you into a soothing trance. You begin to think of everything, what could possibly be beyond the galaxy, if you will ever get to see the wonders Earth has to offer, Mark, if dogs can understand-

Wait. Back up. Let's think about Mark.

A image of Mark pops into your head. His sculpted jaw, those thin lips, his tasteful facial hair, everything about him seems so attractive. Even that buttery voice on it's own can be entrancing. But the thing that catches your attention about him is his sweet yet humorous personality. He always tells you all about his charity live streams he puts together in order to raise money for a great cause. You hear of how happy he makes so many people. You soon realize he's attractive, not only on the exterior, but in the interior as well. He is perfect and you love it. You so badly want to be a part of his life and hopefully it will happen today.

But is that what you really want?

As much as you want to be a part of his world, you can't help but wonder:

"Do I want him in my world?"

Yes, he still doesn't know that you're blind. You never told him because you don't want the genuine friendship to falter into pity. You want to be treated like a normal human being without a disability. You can function without assistance, so why shouldn't you be? You know what the difference is between friendship and pity, you've learned from experience. What Mark is giving you now is real friendship and you don't want to lose that. Maybe you can tell him later on...or keep this a secret for as long as possible.

You shrug off the idea knowing it would be wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You calmly list the things you need in your purse as the items are sprawled out onto the bed. You place your keys inside along with your phone and a single stick of chap stick. Suddenly, there is a knock on the door and you gasp, admitting to yourself you lost track of time. You then stuff everything else you planned to bring in your purse and fast walk to the front door, slinging on your purse as you go. Your fingers fumble with the door knob as you twist it and soon open the door. There before you stands Mark, in a dressy yet casual type of attire. You can tell because you place your hands on his chest and feel around a bit, but in such a way that is more friendly than touchy.

"You're looking rather spiffy just for 'some lunch'."

Mark chuckles softly, "I can say the same to you. Also...'spiffy'?"

"Don't criticize my vocabulary, Fischbach."

"Alright, alright! Don't get your panties in a twist."

Both if you laugh softly. You turn away and lock your door. When you turn back around Mark is offering his arm to you.

"You ready?"

"Of course."

You accept his arm, loop one of yours in his, and place your other hand on his arm. Mark then leads you down the steps and to the usual place.

"I hope you don't have any other plans for the day because we are having lunch and dinner together."

"Oh yeah? What are we doing in between that time, hm?"

"Oh you'll see..."

Mark smirks and makes you feel almost nervous about this lunch/dinner thing.

What did this man have in mind for this special evening? You almost expect that he'll pop the question for you to be his girlfriend, and you have a feeling you're going to be right. But who knows what the handsome Mark Fischbach has in store for you.

An unforgettable evening will definitely be guaranteed.