Chapter Four

Tim coughed when he whipped off the dust on the carton. He has been searching for hours for the right box - the box with his (Jay's) camera inside - until he found it in his boxroom. Fortunately, this whole Marble Hornets misery taught him one thing:
fucking lable everything.

So it wasn't that hard to find the right one. He opened it and took out the camera that once belonged to Jay - the thought of him made Tim frown, was it his fault he died. Though they didn't knew each other that long or well - other than Brian and Tim did, - they had been still friends.

"Look what you have caused"

He took a deep breath, grabbed the charging cable of the camera, closed the box and put it back, closing the door to the room as well. Tim walked into the living room, throwing himself on the couch and inspected it.
If it will work?, he thought as he turned it on. Soon the warning started popping up on the screen, telling him that he'd need to recharge the camera. No wonder.

While it did so, Tim thought it'd be a good idea to get a bit of rest as he didn't get much of it due to his insomnia. Earphones in, music on, eyes covered by his arm, he laid on his couch, drifting into something near sleep. Soon he was out as a light, though.

Immediately after one of his earphones fell out of his ear, he heard an annoying beeping. It slowly woke him up.
Still a bit dizzy with his sight spinning, he sat up yawning and stretching. He has been sleeping well, something that happens very rarely, and dreaming something not nightmarish even more, though he couldn't exactly recall what his dream was about. But as Tim got to remember a bit of what he dreamed of, he touched his lips out of instinct. He didn't even realized it, although he lowered his hand short after. Sighing afterwards, he buried his face into his hands. He wanted that dream to continue very badly.

A deep yawn escaped his lips.
Tim then noticed the sound which woke him up in the first place as it kept making annoying noises. With cracking and popping bones he stood up and walked towards the camera. The man picked it up and turned it on again, and this time it started.
So it still works!, he thought grinning. The tape that was in was practically unused, too. Meaning he wouldn't need to go out and buy new ones right now. Perfect.

Tim pressed the record button. Unsure of what he was supposed to do, he shifted a bit. The familiar yet unsettling feeling of the camera filming him and his every move made Tim kind of nervous. But nevertheless, he decided to just continue on with his life as normal as he could.

With this as a plan, he went into the bathroom to take a shower and disinfect his wound. The camera got placed on a shelf in his hall.

Seeing himself in the mirror, Tim ran his fingers over his cheeks. He should probably shave, too.
His face was covered by a full beard again which he decided to rather shave off than to keep it. It was done within 15 minutes, luckily without cutting himself.

The shower was being turned on, followed by Tim entering it. As soon as he stood under the beam of the cool water, his thoughts began racing in his head along with the voices. Weird, he just realized that they have been really quiet today. Not that he was complaining, but it was still strange. Not caring anymore, he just shrugged it off.

Suddenly images were flashing through his head. Some were about his work and colleagues, some about his childhood. Random memories. Until they came into his mind.
Jay. Seth. Sarah. Brian.

Masks. Secrets. Cameras.

"I am sorry!"

"Smile for the camera."
"Smile for death"
:)