Just a kid

This one shot is based when the two were kids, they were the same age in this.! They were eight.
Enjoy~

Iruka was just a kid.
No body loved him, pitied him, or even looked twice. Because he was just a kid.
His parents hated him. When they died, they didn't take the hate with them. He was stuck in a land of hatred. But he didn't understand because he was just a kid.

He would watch all the happy families and the children playing happily together. He'd hear laughter, and could sense the love. But he'd never get to know what that's like because he's just a kid.
Iruka lived with his foster parents called Marku and Ellin. One day they were going for a drive with the whole 'family' when they pulled over at a shopping centre.
"You're staying here iruka." Marku said sternly. They got out of the car, taking only themselves and their child with them. Iruka was left alone. But he didn't care because he was just a kid.

The heat began to rise as he sat waiting for them to return. He felt as if they'd left him for a reason.
A light tap was heard on one of the car windows. Iruka's head shot up in the direction of the window.

"Are you trapped?" A small boy asked, his voice muffled by the glass.
Iruka nodded shyly.
"I don't get it... Why is the car parked but you're all alone?" The boy asked.
Iruka breathed on the glass and wrote;
'Because I'm just a kid'
Iruka slouched back into his seat, hoping the boy would leave.
"Me too..." The boy sighed. "What's your name?" He asked, hoping to keep a conversation going to keep them from not being bored. "Iruka.." He replied. "That's an awesome name! Mines Kakashi..." He said.
He stayed with him for hours, but iruka wasn't going to last long because he's just a kid.

Kakashi could see iruka's pain, he tried to open the doors but failed.
"Hey! Don't die!" He yelled.
Iruka shook his head.
He knew his parents weren't coming back. Either of them.
This was it.

Soon a tall man came over to the car, and grabbed the boy's wrist.
"Dad, where are we going? There's a boy trapped in there!" He yelled at who seemed to be his father.
"Home." He said sternly.
"Why?"
"Because you're just a kid and you can't do nothing." He replied.

Iruka gave the boy a pained look.
"Help... I'm just a kid..." He choked out.
He wasn't going to survive... Wasn't it obvious?
He's just a kid.

10 years later~

Iruka made it. He's not just a kid anymore. The boy also grew strong. He's still as faithful as he ever was.
Iruka began to wonder whether he was going to see the young boy again...
Oh but he did.

Iruka was walking along the path of an old shopping centre which he used to visit. He did this every week since the accident. It was still open of corse, iruka buys a coffee from the shop every time.
He walked inside the shop, hoping to get the same coffee as always.

"Hello again iruka! What can I get ya? Same as always?" The younge blonde asked.
Iruka nodded. He walked over to a table next to a large circle window. He watched as people collected their coffee when their names were called. A few familiar faces showed up, but none came to a name.
Except one.

The door opened to a tall silver haired teen, who looked the same age as iruka. (He isn't wearing his mask!) he had a large scar across his eye, and dark oynx eyes. Iruka sighed. 'He won't remember me...' He thought.

But he was wrong.

"Sorry, but when I saw you, I can't help but think I know you from somewhere..." The teen spoke. Iruka's eyes shot up to where the voice came from. "What's your name?" He asked, hoping to keep a conversation going. This was all too familiar to the both of them.
"Kakashi..." He replied.
"That's an awesome name! Mines iruka..." He mocked the boy from ten years ago. "I knew it! I knew I know you!" Kakashi yelled, voicing over to iruka. He embraced iruka in a hug and whispered;
"You're safe now... I won't leave you to die.... Not again..."
Iruka was surprised, but he knew this was only the beginning of surprises...