IV (Mate)

Speechless and almost frozen in time, Bea felt her heart beating faster than it ever had before- even more than when she was running from him.

"BEA, NO!!" She head Cathy from a distance yelling for her attention. It wasn't registering in Bea's mind that she could be in danger, she just knew she was looking at whatever had left the paw print in the forest that day. That alluring being she hasn't been able to stop thinking about since she knew it existed.

Wide eyed and mysterious, it lifted it's large head above Bea's and glared at the party behind her. It did not like the thought of someone so delicate and precious like Bea being around all those people. Especially the males. He narrowed his eyes into slits and took one menacing step over her, a low growl slipping through his closed mouth.

Bea still stood silently, in shock.

"Bea!" Cathy wailed out, daring to break the silence. The large beast snapped it's head towards her-ready to pounce, "Scream, Bea! Scream and fall over! Trust me!"

Bea heard Cathy, but she still couldn't register what she said. The big creature was stalking away from Bea towards the party when she felt someone push her over; a male. She screamed, the world growing fuzzy as she neared the ground.

Her new friend was furious. He almost blasted off everyone's eardrums, including Bea's, with his growl- just like Cathy had planned. He leaped across the clearing and back to his beloved, whimpering when he saw her on the ground. He watched from the corner of his eye as the pack ran back to the house and locked the doors. Then finally at peace with his mate, he scooped her into his arms and ran.

In and out of consciousness, Bea barely understood what was happening. His chest was warm and soft, but she felt frail engulfed in his embrace. She felt out of control, her mind was racing, and her thoughts unfiltered. Her mate held her closer, cooeing at her helplessly. He didn't want her to cry.

Soon she fell asleep while the wolf found his way back to where he came from years ago. Before he had lost his sanity, and before he had left his pack on auto pilot.

When Bea woke up she was alone in the darkness. Restraining her was something soft, and the more she wiggled the looser it got. She finally pushed the blanket off and ignored the chill she felt without it. She had to get out of where ever she was, assuming that either he would find her or that monster would eat her alive. She had never seen anything like that beast before, he defiantly wasn't your everyday wolf. She had no idea what it was but she sure as hell wasn't going to stick around to find out. This place was humid, cold, and large, a very alien environment. She pushed her way around, the small patter of her feet echoing across the area until she saw a light. Frantically scrambling to get closer, she found the source was a lack of roof partially in view. Blue jagged rocks lead up to an outside that she had a lack of education on, but if Bea wanted to get out of here she knew she would need to climb up the wall. Without hesitation, she grabbed for it and stepped up. Her heart raced as her foot slipped a little bit- not too far off the ground, and got stuck in something.

Bea wiggled to try and free it, but it wouldn't budge. She whimpered and tensed up her shoulders when she heard a whimper in return. She couldn't see where it came from and frantically searched for anything she could see in the dark. Nothing.

Soon despite her struggles she became engulfed in warm darkness as she wiggled to remove her foot. Then her foot was free and she looked up to see the same yellow eyes that had enchanted her earlier.

"Oh my gosh," Bea whispered a few incoherent sentences. She found herself limp inside its grip, its dark as night face blended with the blackness of the cave. It stared at her blankly, placid yet firmly.

"Don't. Leave." It said. the words looked strange and wrong slipping out of the beast's mouth. She stared at it in amazement, unable to comprehend how the words coming past its jowls formed. Bea shrank back, the power in its words were much more intense than his had been, and this beast's breath fanned over her face just as his had.

Bea nodded her head quickly in response, obviously terrified. She just hoped whatever this was it would have more mercy then Darrick had had- or at least the decency to kill her instead. Her eyes watered at the thought.

The creature swept his hand across her cheek to push her tears away, and looked her up and down. Her dark hair was pushed back messily and her clothes had rips in them.  Without another word, he cradled her in his arms like he had the other night and returned her to the blankets she had inhabited. Bea pulled them around her and awkwardly shuffled backwards: it let her.

She had established that the thing was most likely some rare type of Lycan, which meant there was no possible way she could be its mate. But that left the question; why did this creature take her? Shouldn't she be dead already?

She looked up at the Lycan again, finally seeing and examining what she was up against. Its build was like any other over muscular human, there wasn't much grace to it, but it had a sort of charm that you wouldn't expect. A sort of handsome safeness about its presence. The movements it made seem slow yet strong at the same time, except earlier when it had pounced at Cathy-that was, scary.

Snapping Bea out of her thoughts, the Lycan took a step towards her. She eyed it carefully as it made its way towards her and then squatted down beside her and sniffed her hair. The lycan held out its hand for her to take, and she hestantly took a hold of the large lump. Apparently, that was taken as some sort of invitation because then the Lycan slide down and curled itself around Bea. Soon the two fell asleep. Bea was surprised how comfortable she felt around the creature.