VI (The Return)

Hey, check out the book trailer above or search 'The Alpha's Den Book Trailer' on YouTube!

Recap:
"You'll never have to run from me, Bea." Akakios assured her, "Were mates."

Her heart dropped.

"That's not possible!" Bea cried. Darrick had been furious that Bea rejected him. He had said that they should be mates.

"But here we are," Akakios said leaving the bathroom. She shut her eyes in denial trying to block out his words, they couldn't be true!

"You're lying." Bea huffed. She was human. Akakios kneeled so he was eye level with her, and stared deep into her eyes. He hadn't expected such a huge reaction from her.

She broke the silence by failing in her attempt to be silent. Little hiccups of a cry spewed out of her throat, and Akakios embraced her trying to stable her seizing body.

"Hey, just relax," he whispered, his natural musk and voice calmed Bea's frantic mind. She relaxed her tense form while Akakios rubbed her back soothingly.

Akakios stood up, picking Bea up with him. "I would never do anything that isn't in your best interest." He said sincerely, and set her on her own two feet. "Now We're going to pack some stuff for you, honey."

Bea rubbed the tears out her eyes, "Why?"

"We aren't ready to be here yet. We need more time, and I just want you to be comfortable."

She shuffles her feet and nods nervously. Since they were in the room Bea had stayed in before, which had turned out to be Akakios' old room, she already had her bag packed. Bea picked it up and emptied out her belongings in the bed so Akakios could see her clothes. He smiled at her and gave her one of his jackets so she wouldn't be so cold during the nights. The thick, black jacket went past her knees and Akakios chuckled at her cuteness.

Once they were ready Akakios stuffed the bed blankets into their bag so Bea would be warm as a last minute preparation for their stay. He also decided they couldn't bring food because it would attract bugs.

The night was significantly darker from when they had arrived, and Akakios attempted to share his warmth with Bea while they walked. She unknowingly leaned most of her weight on him when they walked to try and be warmer. His natural werewolf genes emits great warmth from his skin, which Bea loved since she was cold. Nevertheless, Bea's little nose was red and sniffily, and she feared that she might get cold and feverish they didn't arrive soon.

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry you? It would be faster, Bea! Your going to get sick." Akakios tried pleading with her.

"No, I want to stretch my legs!" She insisted. Akakios grumbled at her response and watched for the slightest falt in her step so he could have an excuse to carry her.

Fortunately for Bea she was able to walk with out a beat missed until they reached the cave. Then she allowed him to help her down the entrance, mostly just because she did enjoy being near him.

"So, there's something that I've been wondering all day." Bea confronted him.

"What's that?"

"The McDonald's," She started, "How."

Akakios smiled recalling how he had snuck into the parking lot and stole some unsuspecting human's meal. He look back Bea and smirked while she raised an eyebrow at him.

"Some things are better left unsaid," He replied simply.

"Hey," She whined, "That's not fair! I have the right to now where my food can from!"

"You're right, You do." His grin widened,"It came from McDonald's."

Bea looked ready to slap him, but instead she sneezed.

"I told you, you were going to get sick," Akakios said picking her up.  She wrapped her legs around his waist and sneezed again. 

Soon Akakios sat her down on the old blanket and began setting a new bed with the blankets he took from the house. When he was done Bea waddled over to him and sat on the cushy comforter.

"No, You're sick!" Akakios almost barked and picked her up, "You have to go under the blanket."

Bea rolled her eyes, but smiled at his doting behavior, "Akakios?"

"Hmm?" He mumbled

"Tell me about your life."

"Somethings are better left unsaid, darling."