0 Κάκιος & Ακάκιος

Disclaimer: A lot of people are not enjoying the names being in another language. I assure you its ONLY for this FIRST CHAPTER as it takes place in the past. Please do not let that deter you from continuing :) The names have meaning and I spent a lot of time choosing them so  I don't want to change them. I always appreciate constructive criticism and take them into account!

A LONG TIME AGO:

Μέγιστη threw the last piece of wood onto the already flaming fire causing the flames to reach up into the night.

"The fire is alive today, cubs," The old Γιαγιά smiled, "It is the perfect day to tell you this story." The pups 'oohed' excitedly. Every weekend the pack elder enjoyed telling them stories about their history at the bonfire; a pleasure she only shared with the younger pups. It was also a great way to sneak in some history lessons for them. 

"Which one are we hearing today, Γιαγιά Αικατερίνη?" Agathe, her grandson asked.

" Today we will listen to the story of Κάκιος and Ακάκιος.The tale of two brothers" Μέγιστη said, "I remember like it was yesterday."

The kids squealed in delight, staring into the fire in amazement. This was the myth of their great Alpha. They hardly hear it anymore at story time as some of the youngest pups find it scary.

"Alright, quiet down, quiet down.." the elder hushed them. "Listen closely as I won't repeat myself......"

"The two brothers, both identical,  were raised by their father in this very pack, in this very village..." She started intensely gesturing to the the land, "Unfortunately, The Luna passed during child birth, but the day she labored she received a message from the Moon Goddess herself. The moon goddess foreshadowed that one brother was destined to be good and one to be evil. This was a cause for great concern for the pack members. Alphas are stronger, faster, and smarter than the average wolf. An evil Alpha is nothing to joke around about. Typically it is the first born that is given the title of Alpha, but in the case of twins it can be a little trickier. There was a massive debate about who would be chosen to be alpha. In the end the pack decided to make their decision before the boys shifted. Who would be given the power, control, and responsibility of running the most influential pack?"

As they are up, everyone was sure Ακάκιος was the wretched one. He caused trouble everywhere he went. He was a very cunning young pup. However, as their άλφα (alpha) genes matured them years past their age, it seemed that he grew out of this phase relatively fast. They grew taller, faster, and stronger than all of the pups their age, eventually even stronger than any other alpha this world has seen. Soon after their growth spurt,  it was  Κάκιος who fell out of grace. The pack thought it very clear who the evil one was at this point. And now, as the twins eighteenth birthday approached, the villagers began to fear their first shift. They feared Kakios would become too strong and wouldn't be able to control himself any longer. Because of this, the villagers and their father hung him in fear of what the moon goddess had predicted. Akakios was devastated by the loss of his brother, but he understood the burden he had to bare for the sake of his pack. On the next full moon,  when Ακάκιος expected to shift into his wolf, he instead shifted into something horribly beautiful. He shifted into a Lycan. The first this world had ever seen! It was rumored that Akakios had absorbed his brothers wolf." She dramatized in order to keep the little ones interested.

 "You have to be careful with Lycans, though, because although they are strong they are also fucking crazy. Do not piss off that man, kids, if you ever meet him. You must give him some credit, though. He ruled us well for so long, until eventually he took a downward turn.One night,  The Moon Goddess spoke to us again. She said, 'By killing one brother you cursed another. Do not worry or kill in a hurry. If by a certain date he finds his mate, he is saved, but if she waits you might not know if you speak to one brother or the other. As time went on, Akakios slowly defended into madness. He searched every pack for his mate, and yet... she was nowhere to be found. Eventually Akakios shifted into his lycan and never returned. Some rumor that he has died out in the wilderness, but others know better. It is extremely hard to kill a lycan. 

"What about our Alpha now, grandma?" Agathe asked curiously.

"That is story for another time children," She said dumping a bucket of water over the flames.