2-Waking up to White

(Kuroi's POV)

I finally gain my consciousness but do not open my eyes. There is a horrible stinging sensation on my left cheek. Then it all sets in and i remember about the man and the kid.

I mentally scold myself for carelessly going in between those two. Then i smile as i remember what my mother always said...

(Flashback)

'Kuroi, You cant always put yourself before others. You deserve just as much as they do.'

A three year old me stares up at my mother in confusion. 'B-but its not their fault, they just dont understand me and what people dont understand they fear or hate.......Right?'

My mother looks at me with surprise, then a ghost of a smile appears on her face. 'I couldn't have said it better, My little Birdie..'

(Flashback End)

I slowly open my eyes and see a piercing bright white light. I then come to the conclusion that I'm in a hospital while my eyes adjust to the light.

I try to sit up but almost regret it. There are bandages covering my lower torso behind my black tank top. I then realize that when i fell i fell on glass. So that was what the shattering sound was....

"Ahem.." I'm surprised to hear a voice to my left. I look up to find a kind looking old man, a man in a horrible green spandex monstrosity and a masked guy with silver gravity defying hair.

I come to the conclusion that its a kage and two Anbu or former Anbu.

"It's good your up, you took quite the fall."

I could tell that he is kind, not just because his words but you could see the warm in his eyes and the crinkles beside then to show how much he must smile.

"We have given that shop keeper a fine for the dam-"

"Excuse me but...Is the blonde kid alright. He looked like he got hurt as well."

His eyes widen a fraction before he gives me a closed eyed smile. My question seemed to peak the interest of the other two beside him.

"Yes, Naruto is fine. He didn't fall on any glass as you did. He only got a bruised cheek like yours."

I sigh with relief. I dont know why I'm concerned with a boy i haven't even spoken a word to.    Maybe its because he reminds me of myself when i would let my clan step all over me. But I'm no ones doormat any more.

"Now may i ask why I'm in the presence of the Hokage and two Anbu or former Anbu?"

Now it went from interest to complete surprise.

"Now, prey tell how you knew what my title is? As well as my Anbu?"

I brought my hand to my chin and put my bangs behind my ear.

"Well, because the two behind you obviously show respect for you and look like their at your bec and call, as well as your hat and robes. I knew they were Anbu or at least Anbu at one time because of their tense demeanor and how their eyes may not be watching me at all times but still know everything I'm doing using their other senses. By the way, if I'm talking to the Leaf's Hokage then you must be Hiruzen Sarutobi, Correct?"

I say all of that, not missing a beat. Both of the Anbu's heads snap toward me and the Hokage has complete and utter Amusement in his eye's but the light of the Amusement dosnt even compare to the fire of curiosity in his tired old pools.

"If i may ask, are you really as young as you say you are?" He asks with a sideways grin.

"Well, I'm pretty sure since i can remember every second of every day I'm in this world. I even remember the day of my birth...Its not pretty i can tell ya that.." I say with the most genuine smile on my face while scratching the back of my head.

The one with the bowl hair cut and green spandex jumpsuit spoke up. "So, Youthful one you have hyperthymesia?"

I cocked my head sideways. "I guess so?"  I pouted for not being able to understand.

"SOOO YOUTHFUL!!! My name is Might Guy and this is my Eternal Rival Kakashi" The one i now know as Might Guy or just Guy said while almost killing my with a hug.

"Well." The Hokage started. "Now that you know all of our names, How about yours?"

"My Names Kuroi!" I say with a close eyed smile.

"Do you have a Sur name Kuroi?"

Immediately my body became rigid. I swallowed a huge lump in my throat.

No one has before, so why should they now?

"Y-You w-w-wouldn't believe m-me..."

I stutter. STUTTER! Ive never been in such a tough situation! Usually i wouldn't have a problem lying but these people are actually NICE to me. Not like in the hidden mist or sand....I miss the sand though....

"Mhmm and can you tell me where your mom may be?"

Once again i became tense. My heart dropped in my stomach.

"Sh-She died...." The light in my eyes went out completely. A look of hopelessness and depression washed over me. My smile turned into a monotone look.

The three in the room gave me looks of pity.

The Hokage, Looking almost hesitant to question "Father?"

By this time a feeling of rage came but went away as quickly as it did. But it seems as if caught by the three.

I looked away as i spoke.."He's the one who killed her......"

All of them had shocked looks, no matter how hard they tried to hide it.

It was almost as quiet as a whisper but in the room you could of heard a pin drop but we all heard the next question.

"Siblings?"

Now my eyes have hardened. For one reason only. "A older brother, He blamed me....for our mother....."

It was Deathly quiet for at least five minutes.

"I-If you dont have any family then were have you been staying? If i may ask.." Kakashi asked

"Ive been going from village to village for two years now..."

The Hokage stood up, startling everyone. "Not anymore your not. Kuroi, Would you like to become a citizen of Konoha?"

A/N Sooo How was it? Ive read your comments on my other fanfic Weak? and decided to make my chapters a LOT longer!!! Comment for suggestions and Thank You for reading!!!!